Quality time.

The lives of the infamous Wrecking Crew

Moderators: Ria Graziano, Maria Graziano, Ticallion Carter, Myria Graziano

Kheldar
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Quality time.

Post by Kheldar »

Sweat poured off of Kheldar as he pushed through his final round of hitting the focus mitts. The big man had worked out hard his whole life. If you asked him he'd say it was one of the few true skills he had. Being able to work on something long enough to get good at it. When the kids were born, he was reluctant to go on the long runs that had been his method of exhausting himself and so he increased the amount of work he did inside. It was about then when he went from a dangerous, but streaky fighter, to one that had success. It could be coincidence but he credited that success in part to the change in routine, and he'd kept at it.

The round ended, raising his wrapped hands over his head as the tinny echo of the electronic clock died in the large empty building he took several deep breaths and focused on slowing his heart rate once again.

"Eff" the blond kid in front of him commented stealing his mothers favorite slightly toned down swear as he pulled the pads off, shaking his hands. "You were throwing extra heavy there, you pissed about something dad?"

Kheld shook his head, chuckling slightly as he reached for the towel. "Sorry Iain." He observed the boy moving off to get a drink of water before he followed, pulling the wraps off of his hands as he went. Iain was special, not just in that every parent finds his kids special way either. If nothing else, he came from a very tough athletic family, and for a young teen he was already showing signs of development. It was not hard to see him growing a similar build of his uncle, and that was the main reason he gave in to Iain's requests to help him train while he was home for the summer despite his young age. "Power will probably be more useful than speed in the challenge coming up. Guess I got carried away."

"You're challenging?" The boy asked, popping up from the stool he'd only just sat on to check the standings. "You're going to fight Jake," the young man shrewdly deduced his finger immediately going to the holder of Pathfinder. "I thought you and Mom liked Jake; why would you try and hit him harder?"

The big man watched his adopted stepson a moment, curious if the deduction was a leap of logic, or something more. "Jake's bigger and tougher than he is elusive. He's goina be trying to hit me for a few fights. If I get a chance to hit him back, wanna make sure it counts." He grinned and added. "Besides the 'ol orc appreciates a good punch inna face."

"Think you'll win?"

The boys question was answered with a shrug. "We both have long successfull careers, and if one of us has an advantage head to head it is probably slim. I have as good a chance as he does. Afterwords I'll buy him a beer and we'll probably have a laugh about it"

"You must be getting old too; Jake already owns the beer." the grin that accompanied the youths comment was a dead ringer for his mothers. Kheldar chuckled flinging the nearly empty water bottle at the smartassed kid as he started for the door bag slung over his shoulder. Iain ducked it easily laughing and grabbing the remaining few items as he hurried to catch up with his dad at the door.

Return to “Wrecking Crew”