Challenge for the Tower of Fire

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Challenge for the Tower of Fire

Post by Spell »

Dear Candy Hart,

You're mean! You make me clean the tower when all I want to do is read! You shouldn't hide away all the knowledge the Tower of Fire has to offer and force people to do maid-work in return for looking at it! I said I was going to challenge you and now Hydra tournament is over and done with! No one else took up the task after that one brave man, so it's up to me to take the tower away from you!

I challenge for the Tower of Fire!

Soon to be the new and returning Keeper of Fire,
Jesse
DUEL Lem
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Lem »

This challenge is valid and may proceed.
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

Badsider in hand, Candy took up one of the tables in the Annex. Her thoughts still focused on the hand to hand match with the man in red when Jesse's sudden words drew her attention.

"You're mine!" A wide grin.

Candy quirked a brow.

"The ArchMage says my challenge is valid.. We're going to fight for the Tower of Fire."

The words struck Candy and she frowned. Her beer landed with a thud on the table, abandoned as Candy stood and stepped through the portal of fire that opened before her--leading her to the Isle's board.

~~

Ungrateful. The word played over and over in Candy's mind as she shifted through Jesse's items that littered the little make-shift sheet tent the girl had set up in the library. No belonging safe from inspection as Candy frisked for books from the Keep's collection. A little work in exchange for unlimited access.

The challenge didn't bother her. She'd been expecting a challenge from someone for a while, though thought it would be the woman she'd fought with who insinuated some close connection to the tower. What grated on Candy's nerve was the girl's attitude and nerve to disrespect her. FireStar whispered in her mind, Put her down permanently. However, the magic of the Keep worked to damper FireStar's ability to sway Candy's emotions and action. Not worth killing her. Candy kept that thought in mind as she collected Jesse's stuff and removed it from the Tower of Fire.

--

The fire portal opened and Candy returned to the Annex, stepping up behind Jesse to lay a hand on either side of the girl's shoulders. "You. With me. Now."

"Ke..kekeke--eh...?!" That last bit turning into more of a squeak than evil cackling. "H.. Hey..! Don't get handsy with me..!" Wiggle, wiggle, flail.

Candy shoved the girl back through the portal, following after. The portal closing behind the pair. The other side of the portal faced the Tower of Air, the Fire Keep well to its back. Jesse's belongings had been (searched) and gathered and now laid in a heap near the foot of the portal that the pair stepped through. As the portal closed behind them Candy's grip loosened into a slight shove of the girl toward the collected items.

"Waah..!" Jesse cried out as she stumbled. Everything, from the grabbing to the trip through the portal felt like a blurr. At least everything sort of cleared itself up when she fell face first against her belongings. The girl quickly sat up and looked Candy's way.. but a chilling wind from high up upon that mountain forced her to hug herself. ".. What's the big idea..?! I told you I was going to challenge! It's in the rules!"

Known at The Brawler as Hard Candy, it's easy to see in her stance how she got the name. Emotionless expression set her features as her eyes slightly narrowed down at the girl. A mental count two two before she spoke, "Pick up your stuff."

"You're just mad..! I'm.. uh, you're not going to psyche me out! I know that's what you're doing!" Did she pick up her things? Yes, that's exactly what she was doing while yelling out. Scooping up those few blankets, along with her large bag and other objects.

The girl's words flowed over Candy like a soft breeze against solid stone. The woman came forward, pressing a hand back on the younger one's shoulder to propel her forward toward the Tower of Air. "Move."

"Quit pushing..!" Almost stumbling over herself. Jesse did walk though, it's not like she had much choice. It wasn't going to be much of a pleasant one either. Not when they had to step higher, and higher, and higher to reach the summit that the Tower of Air stood upon. Jesses legs began to ache from all this walking, and she might have attempted once or twice to float to try and push most of the burden away from herself. ".. Why can't I just stay in the Tower of Fire?! Why do you have to be so mean! I've been doing so much for you! It's not like I springed it on you or anything!" This continued on and on as they climbed those steps.. when only a few were left, that was when a flash of light illuminated from the summit.

Nayun was there. Currently practicing her own brand of magic. A kick arced through the air, causing sparks of flame to ignite and etch across the air. Even as they came into view, it wouldn't stop the young Adennian from her training. At least until she was spoken to.

Candy remained silent while Jesse did more than enough talking for both of them, the climb costing her little energy to manage. The only reactions to anything the girl said being the occasional tick in the line of Candy's jaw or the momentary tightening of her grip on her shoulder as they pushed forward. Reaching the top of the summit Candy kept her hand on Jesse's shoulder, watching Nayun in practice for a moment. After a pause her voice sounded, calling toward the girl that trained her in magic. "Oy. Kid Sister. I got somethin' for you."

Right fist pressed forward, followed along with another burst of magically created flame. Nayuns focus was shattered the second she heard the voice that belonged to Candy. Her head turned her way without delay, and slanted eyes only began to narrow with the sight in front of her. "Why does she look prepared to stay?" Nayun noted the clutched belongings held within the girls arms.

"Ugh..!" Jesse cried out in protest. Wiggling here and there to try and break out of Candy's grip.

The grip tightened still further on the girl's shoulder to keep her in place. "I need this little rat out of the keep but near enough should somethin' arise." Like finding out something missing had been overlooked. "Least until the challenge is settled."

Nayun didn't look thrilled. Not at all. But that could also be her default look. The small Asian looked from Candy, to Jesse, and then back to Candy before nodding her head. "Come." She brought up a hand. Her fingers curling in a way to tell the girl to follow along. "Do you have any instructions?" This directed to Candy.

If Jesse didn't feel like following Nayun's command, a step forward with a press of her hand should help the girl along. "Don't worry 'bout makin' her comfortable."

"I had not planned on it." There were those rare moments were the monotone of the young girls voice might have sounded a little more sinister than normal. This was one of those moments. When the squeaking Jesse forced forward, she staggered some steps and almost went crashing into Nayun, though the girls quick stepping instead caused Jesse to fall straight to the rocky ground instead.

"Stand." Nayun ordered. Her foot reaching out to roughly press to Jesses side. That was enough to have the girl listen to her command. Nayun then spoke to Candy again. "Is that all?"

"Let me know if y'find anythin' from the Fire keep on her." Two items covered in one statement. The first, the obvious meaning of the words. The second, a warning to watch those items within the Air Tower around the girl. Those hard eyes feel upon Jesse once more, writing her off. "Anyhin else.. I don't need t'know."

Jesse, half gathering her things and half trying to stand, looked Candy's way and began glaring. "I don't have any of that stuff..!"

"I will inspect her to be sure." Nayun quickly responded. The doors to the Tower of Air slowly opened, causing a breeze to rush past the three woman who stood upon the summit. Nayun reached out with that metal hand of hers and gave a forceful push between Jesses shoulder blades, urging her toward the entrance of the Tower. "Inside. Disrobe."

"What...?!" The witch cried out, but another swift push to her back only caused her to stumble through those doors. Nayun began to follow behind, but stopped to look back at Candy. "Goodnight, Miss Candy."

Brown strands pulled from her face as the breeze ran past. She registered no concern about Jesse's treatment under Nayun's care. Candy nodded toward the girl's assurance that the witch would be inspected. "Night Kid Sister."

Red eyes closed themselves, then came a nod of her head. Nayun continued on through the entrance of the tower. The echoing cries and whines of Jesse closed themselves off to the world when those double doors came slamming shut behind her.

With the doors of the keep shut before her, Candy turned and headed back down to the boards to write her response.
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

I am aware of this challenge. The date and time will be set shortly.

- Candy
Candy Hart
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Hardest Ever

Post by Candy Hart »

9/5 @ 9PM ((EST))

- Candy
DUEL Lily
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Lily »

It took place tonight! I called it! I was well fed, and there was lots of good taunting involved! WIN WIN!

Match One!

Rd. | Candy / Spell | Score

01. | WB / GF | 0.5 - 0.0 Spell
02. | RF / FF | 1.0 - 0.0 Spell
03. | MB / WB | 1.0 - 0.5 Spell
04. | FT / FGF | 2.0 - 0.5 Spell
05. | EF / AR | 2.5 - 0.5 Spell
06. | MB / FT | 3.5 - 0.5 Spell
07. | MW / WB | 3.5 - 1.5 Spell
08. | DP / FFT | 3.5 - 2.0 Spell
09. | MW / MW | 3.5 - 2.0 Spell
10. | WB / MB | 4.0 - 2.0 Spell
11. | MB / MW | 4.0 - 3.0 Spell
12. | MW / MB | 5.0 - 3.0 Spell

Spell .def. Candy Hart, 5.0 - 3.0 in 12

Match Two!

Rd. | Candy / Spell | Score

01. | FT / MW | 1.0 - 0.0 Spell
02. | MS / FT | 2.0 - 0.0 Spell
03. | SH / FDP | 3.0 - 0.0 Spell
04. | MW / FAR | 3.0 - 1.0 Spell
05. | MB / GF | 3.0 - 2.0 Spell
06. | RF / WB | 4.0 - 2.0 Spell
07. | MB / FT | 5.0 - 2.0 Spell

Spell .def. Candy Hart, 5.0 - 2.0 in 7

JESSE IS THE NEW KEEPER OF FIRE! Congratulations Jesse, and well reigned Candy!

Return to “Twilight Isle”