Madness grant: Battlefield Park

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

The duels lost any sort of honor when they allowed cats to participate during normal dueling hours.

I'm going to be Team Matt on this one. Just because everyone seems to be team Rakeesh/Harris/Shadow. I'm a hipster.

Harris might have opposite views, but he's still going to rub my feet tonight.

You kids keep fighting over what is honorable and what isn't, because you all sure like throwing that word around.

Was is honorable when Rakeesh challenged everyone and their mothers while he should of taken care of business in Old Temple?

Was it honorable when Joku challenged the raging lesbian after she made a public announcement that she'd challenge Rakeesh?

Is it honorable when Rachael steps into the ring? Seriously.

I recall the whiny baby named -- okay, I don't recall his name. But he made a stink when the sexy Brit stepped in on Trick or Treat challenges. Is she dishonorable?

Matt did what he had to - to keep his title. Defenses matter the most, not honor. Aurast got chump changed this challenge, that's true. But how many of you can say "Oh, hey. I signed up for Madness as a Grand Master and won it. Did you?" Aurast has bragging rights for life. Battlefield Park was a side-dish in all of this.

Honor is for chumps who like to act like their cause is righteous.

Your local Homewrecker,
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

Seirichi wrote:The duels lost any sort of honor when they allowed cats to participate during normal dueling hours.

I'm going to be Team Matt on this one. Just because everyone seems to be team Rakeesh/Harris/Shadow. I'm a hipster.

Harris might have opposite views, but he's still going to rub my feet tonight.

You kids keep fighting over what is honorable and what isn't, because you all sure like throwing that word around.

Was is honorable when Rakeesh challenged everyone and their mothers while he should of taken care of business in Old Temple?

Was it honorable when Joku challenged the raging lesbian after she made a public announcement that she'd challenge Rakeesh?

Is it honorable when Rachael steps into the ring? Seriously.

I recall the whiny baby named -- okay, I don't recall his name. But he made a stink when the sexy Brit stepped in on Trick or Treat challenges. Is she dishonorable?

Matt did what he had to - to keep his title. Defenses matter the most, not honor. Aurast got chump changed this challenge, that's true. But how many of you can say "Oh, hey. I signed up for Madness as a Grand Master and won it. Did you?" Aurast has bragging rights for life. Battlefield Park was a side-dish in all of this.

Honor is for chumps who like to act like their cause is righteous.

Your local Homewrecker,
Seirichi,

I don't claim to be the expert on what honor means in these rings. Ask ten duelers about it and you'll get ten different answers. I have my own version of it, and have never sought to enforce that upon others from any 'righteous' standpoint.

Ultimately, this is a sport of armed combat, and following the rules technically to avoid a fight is, simply put, weak. I'm not saying Matt's a bad person, nor that Rand didn't perform his duties admirably. But Aurast was disrespected. Your witty comments don't change that fact.

~Shadow
"Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate; and though I have oft passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Shadowlord wrote:Seirichi,

I don't claim to be the expert on what honor means in these rings. Ask ten duelers about it and you'll get ten different answers. I have my own version of it, and have never sought to enforce that upon others from any 'righteous' standpoint.

Ultimately, this is a sport of armed combat, and following the rules technically to avoid a fight is, simply put, weak. I'm not saying Matt's a bad person, nor that Rand didn't perform his duties admirably. But Aurast was disrespected. Your witty comments don't change that fact.

~Shadow
It's two kids playing with swords. This isn't war or real combat. It's SPORTS. Disrespected because Matt used the rules to his advantage? Aurast is a grown man from Adenna. He knows the difference between play fighting and the real deal.

He's a man. Does he expect to be able to fight in the training grounds with women? No, of course not. He'd be stopped at the front gate and turned away; either by command or by sword point.

The point is. He challenged a loyal Baron. If he wanted the easy fight, he could of went after Mur -- who openly challenged him, but he went the hard route and went after Matt. Matt, who's known for using Overlords multiple times to step in on his challenges.

Aurast knew what he was doing. He isn't an idiot like he tries to make people believe. He's a god on the bass and there's been multiple times growing up when he helped me get past world 1-1 of Super Mario. He proved Anubis wrong, hilariously, and won Madness even though no one expected him to.

He's a Grown. Ass. Man. An Adennian doesn't need anyone speaking up for them when it comes to sports, combat, or even wiping their asses. If he didn't like it, he'd come in with his own words and speak his peace. He doesn't need some elf or a furry talking for him, or giving their views.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Seirichi wrote:You kids keep fighting over what is honorable and what isn't, because you all sure like throwing that word around.

Matt did what he had to - to keep his title. Defenses matter the most, not honor.
Why are you so dense? Let's overlook the fact that you arbitrarily pick sides to troll and don't actually care about what happens in the Arena. Let's overlook the fact that you don't know nor respect any of the Arena's history. We can also overlook the fact that without a dictionary, you don't even know what honor is.

Compare and contrast all you like, every situation is completely different and should be approached as such. Rakeesh, Britania, whoever else you can manage to remember, were all faced with differing situations. This is a situation where a duelist toiled for 2 1/2 months in the largest tournament run and beat every opponent he faced, earning respect and the right to challenge. He did so in earnest. Matt decided to spit in his face under some flimsy pretense.

If defenses in this sport were the most important thing then EVERY SINGLE LOYAL BARON WOULD REQUEST AN INTERCESSION ALL THE TIME. Why don't they? Because it's cheap. Because it's dishonorable to CONSTANTLY sheath your sword and hide behind another. Matt wants to denigrate Rakeesh at every possible turn. The shoe is on the other foot now.
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Harris wrote: Snore. Thanks for the rules lesson nobody asked for and informing everyone that if they'd like a rule amended to... talk to the people in charge of rules. Such helpful information to give a two time Overlord that's been participating in the sport for like a decade.

You miss the point entirely, Rhiannon. It's not about what the rules state. The rules are clear and Madness grants are not intercession free. It doesn't change the fact that Matt went bawling to the Overlord under the flimsiest pretense ever to get him to intercede against a Madness winner that deserved better than he got. And for whatever reason Rand actually agreed to deny Aurast a sporting chance at a Barony, which is a travesty on every level.

But don't address that at all. Talk about the rules while you spend another five years as someone's squire.
Harris,

You missed the point. If the rules do not allow something then it cannot be legally done. So, are you going to continue complaining or you going to something to possibly change it and prevent it from happening again?

In case you missed it, I never voiced my opinion on testing that challenger.

Look at Matt's defenses, see my name among them? Ever seen or heard me complaining about Ellisa stepping in? You won't because that's how things are around here.

But go ahead, Harris, keep complaining, do nothing to change this, and should this happen again, and, mark my words, it will, then I'll say what my mother refers to as the Four Infamous Words.

Rhiannon Brock

----------------
Shadow,

A private missive will be on its way to you in the near future.

Rhi Brock
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Harris wrote:
Seirichi wrote:You kids keep fighting over what is honorable and what isn't, because you all sure like throwing that word around.

Matt did what he had to - to keep his title. Defenses matter the most, not honor.
Why are you so dense? Let's overlook the fact that you arbitrarily pick sides to troll and don't actually care about what happens in the Arena. Let's overlook the fact that you don't know nor respect any of the Arena's history. We can also overlook the fact that without a dictionary, you don't even know what honor is.

Compare and contrast all you like, every situation is completely different and should be approached as such. Rakeesh, Britania, whoever else you can manage to remember, were all faced with differing situations. This is a situation where a duelist toiled for 2 1/2 months in the largest tournament run and beat every opponent he faced, earning respect and the right to challenge. He did so in earnest. Matt decided to spit in his face under some flimsy pretense.

If defenses in this sport were the most important thing then EVERY SINGLE LOYAL BARON WOULD REQUEST AN INTERCESSION ALL THE TIME. Why don't they? Because it's cheap. Because it's dishonorable to CONSTANTLY sheath your sword and hide behind another. Matt wants to denigrate Rakeesh at every possible turn. The shoe is on the other foot now.
Make me a loyal baron. I'd request it all day every day and sit back drinking mai tais.

and I'm not trolling! if I was you'd punish me. Tee~hee.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Rhiannon Brock wrote:
Harris wrote: Snore. Thanks for the rules lesson nobody asked for and informing everyone that if they'd like a rule amended to... talk to the people in charge of rules. Such helpful information to give a two time Overlord that's been participating in the sport for like a decade.

You miss the point entirely, Rhiannon. It's not about what the rules state. The rules are clear and Madness grants are not intercession free. It doesn't change the fact that Matt went bawling to the Overlord under the flimsiest pretense ever to get him to intercede against a Madness winner that deserved better than he got. And for whatever reason Rand actually agreed to deny Aurast a sporting chance at a Barony, which is a travesty on every level.

But don't address that at all. Talk about the rules while you spend another five years as someone's squire.
Harris,

You missed the point. If the rules do not allow something then it cannot be legally done. So, are you going to continue complaining or you going to something to possibly change it and prevent it from happening again?

Look at Matt's defenses, see my name among them? Ever seen or heard me complaining about Ellisa stepping in? You won't because that's how things are around here.

But go ahead, Harris, keep complaining, do nothing to change this, and should this happen again, and, mark my words, it will, then I'll say what my mother refers to as the Four Infamous Words.
What in God's name are you talking about? Do you even know? I stated in my original note that I would like to see Madness Grants be intercession free. Did you miss that?
Harris wrote:From this point forward every Madness grant should be intercession free so cowardly Barons can't go hide behind the Overlord under some flimsy pretenses to mask their obvious cowardice.
If the rules do not allow something then it cannot be legally done? Again, NOBODY IS ARGUING THE LEGALITY OF WHAT MATT DID. WE ARE ARGUING THE DECORUM OF THE ACT. So please, stop trying to play rules lawyer and actually spend time attempting to read and properly comprehend the missives myself, Shadow, and Rakeesh are posting on this board. Maybe you should find your Mother and have her read them to you out loud. Very slowly.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Harris wrote:
Rhiannon Brock wrote:

Harris,

What in God's name are you talking about? Do you even know? I stated in my original note that I would like to see Madness Grants be intercession free. Did you miss that?
Harris wrote:From this point forward every Madness grant should be intercession free so cowardly Barons can't go hide behind the Overlord under some flimsy pretenses to mask their obvious cowardice.
If the rules do not allow something then it cannot be legally done? Again, NOBODY IS ARGUING THE LEGALITY OF WHAT MATT DID. WE ARE ARGUING THE DECORUM OF THE ACT. So please, stop trying to play rules lawyer and actually spend time attempting to read and properly comprehend the missives myself, Shadow, and Rakeesh are posting on this board. Maybe you should find your Mother and have her read them to you out loud. Very slowly.
Let's start a petition. Who all wants to see the Madness grant become intercession free? SAY I!

By the way. I'd like to point out that Harris is very disappointed in me. I can see it in his eyes while we're standing by the corkboard.

I think I'm going to try and kiss him.
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

Rhiannon Brock wrote: Shadow,

A private missive will be on its way to you in the near future.

Rhi Brock
Rhiannon,

As you wish. I have voiced my opinion here sufficiently. And Seirichi's right about one thing, Aurast doesn't need 'some elf' speaking for him. Consider it cane-waving from an old-timer who just felt a need to publicly express a view. I'll await private discourse with you.

~Shadow
"Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate; and though I have oft passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Also to make damn sure. Matt did a d*ck move, not going to lie about it. The Madness grant should be intercession free.

Aurast is a Dagger Sasc. He needs to speak up for himself when it comes to anyone dishonoring him. I don't care about the intercession, I don't care about the move Matt pulled. But the only one that has the right to say anything about *Aurast* is Aurast.

He's the brother of the greatest King alive. It's his choice in the end if he feels what Matt did was a spit in his face or not.
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

Seirichi wrote:Also to make damn sure. Matt did a d*ck move, not going to lie about it. The Madness grant should be intercession free.

Aurast is a Dagger Sasc. He needs to speak up for himself when it comes to anyone dishonoring him. I don't care about the intercession, I don't care about the move Matt pulled. But the only one that has the right to say anything about *Aurast* is Aurast.

He's the brother of the greatest King alive. It's his choice in the end if he feels what Matt did was a spit in his face or not.
Do me a favor, Sierichi, if you would be so kind. Go stand before a mirror and repeat all that aloud. Because you've sure thrown a lot of opinions around here, yourself. This is a public board, for the public.

~Shadow
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Shadowlord wrote:
Seirichi wrote:Also to make damn sure. Matt did a d*ck move, not going to lie about it. The Madness grant should be intercession free.

Do me a favor, Sierichi, if you would be so kind. Go stand before a mirror and repeat all that aloud. Because you've sure thrown a lot of opinions around here, yourself. This is a public board, for the public.

~Shadow
I've already said "You're the greatest" to myself ten times in the mirror yesterday while brushing Harris' hair. Do I need to say it more?

Five of those were for Harris, by the way.

Also, my points are the only ones that matter. Unless your name is Maria Graziano.
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Harris wrote:
Rhiannon Brock wrote:

Harris,

Harris,

Was that before or after you started complaining about about me congratulating Matt and Rand?

So, good, we agree. Write Norah, ask about getting it changed.

Rhi Brock
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

You confuse complaining with pointing out the idiocy of congratulating someone for not dueling.

"Congratulations on being a coward Matt! Good job!"

But you're his squire, so that sort of servility is expected, since it lets you keep your position for another few years.

And you probably missed it due to being wrapped up in telling us how the rules work and what they're for.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Harris wrote:You confuse complaining with pointing out the idiocy of congratulating someone for not dueling.

"Congratulations on being a coward Matt! Good job!"

But you're his squire, so that sort of servility is expected, since it lets you keep your position for another few years.

And you probably missed it due to being wrapped up in telling us how the rules work and what they're for.
Harris. Stop writing on the boards and take me out for pancakes already. I'm starving.

Return to “The Arena”