OOC: Hydra Dashboard

The Second Best Dueling Event of the Year!
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

OOC: Hydra Dashboard

Post by Kalamere »

I’ve created a Hydra Cup Dashboard site here: http://duelingzone.org/hydra/

There’s a googledoc we can use to track duel results and event scores and that all feeds into this website which will then do all the calculations for us. Hopefully it’ll make scoring this season and keeping track of how you and your team are doing a little bit easier.

Please note that for right now the data is fake. It’s got a bunch of duels from the last year or so that I put in there to test against. Once we’re ready to kick off the new season I’ll point it at a new google doc and we should pick up smoothly from there. This doesn’t pertain to the archives section. I believe that I have all those numbers accurately reflecting what took place in Hydra 2012.

Last note.. be patient with the page loads. I can’t work things through this the same I would with a local database, so I have to pull a lot of extra data from google and do backend calculations that slow things down more than I would like. It’s not horrendous.. I’m not saying click a link and go get a cup of coffee or anything that extreme, but it’s a bit on the slow side.

Anyway, I hope it’s useful to the game and, as always, I’m open to comments / suggestions / bug reports / etc.

~Kal
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

I have switched the dashboard over to read from this year's dataset rather than the fake data it had been using. Obviously there are no point awards or anything at this point, those won't start displaying until Monday morning. Teams and Duelists are listed though, so you might want to check and make sure I have your information up correctly (eg: spelling or proper names).

As an aside, any table you encounter on the site is sortable by clicking on the table header. Not everything will show up ordered the way you might except by default, so i put that in to allow better sifting of the data.

~Kal
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Made this a sticky to help people find it easier.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Some questions I've been asked about the Dashboard:

Question: What are the "ABC Credit" values on Regulation Duel Display?
Answer: By rule, the top 4 duels from each duelist count for their individual score and for the team score. A 5th duel per duelist may count towards the team score (but not the individual's score) if someone on the team is unable to get in 4 duels. Those 5th duels are what make up the team credit scores. This will shift throughout the week as more people get their duels in.

Question: How can I see what duels are counted towards my score.
Answer: Every table on the Dashboard is sortable by table column. So, for this you would pull up the Regulation Duels page and sort the bottom table that lists all the duels by the Duelist 1 column and look for your name. If the name is highlighted (highlit?) in orange then you know that is one being used to calculate your score. Repeat with the Duelist 2 column.

Further more on Q2, I was asked if it would be possible to add team specific displays. I'm going to try an do this in the next week or so. No promises how quickly I'll get it out, but should be doable provided I can think up a proper format.

Other Notes:

Updates are somewhat random. Sylus or I may enter some of the duels fought during the night. I try to make a point of syncing up with duels fought when I get up in the mornings though, so usually it'll be accurate after 8am or so until duels start happening again in the evening.

Duplicate duels and other errors: Something was odd with the a report I pull from RoH last night and several duels were in there twice. I didn't notice at the time though since I was just blindly copying from the report to the hydra GDoc. If you see duplications or any other errors, please don't hesitate to point them out.
Britania Grey
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Britania Grey »

Thanks for all your work on the dashboard stuffs. :)
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Saw that you're adding team Icons. Here's Team Beat Downs.

The dash looks great! A friend of mine who didn't even duel into recently got interested in it because of all the work put into it. His words were pretty much; "Wow this looks legit."
Lem DeAngelo
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Lem DeAngelo »

The dashboard is awesome. Seeing the scores update so often keeps me coming out as I see everyone else improving their scores. Thanks for all of your hard work.
Siofra Kelley
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Siofra Kelley »

Yes! I concur! It is amazing...the setup the new rules...the dashboard. So much easier to understand and it is uber awesome seeing the updates so quickly. Thank you Hydra God's...thank you! :D
Hydra Corporation
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Hydra Corporation »

Kalamere has been an invaluable asset to making season 2 the success it is.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Beat Down logo is uploaded, thanks for that. I did the resizing on my side.

If anyone else wants to submit logos for their team, I'll be using 2 versions. 150x150 and 50x50 There's nothing saying they have to be identical, sometimes you just can't shrink an image down to 50x50 and have it look decent, so you might want something else in its place.

BTW, the team page is still in very rough early stages and may completely change in design as I start messing with it.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the dashboard, I'm happy it's useful. Really, it's just my way of trying to make a contribution to things since I don't call duels or anything else useful (as stated elsewhere, HUGE props to the callers who have put in 159 duels this first week of Hydra with another day still to go).

As always, I welcome feature suggestions and comments.

~Kal
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

FYI - I'm about to break the dashboard. Scores and stuff will be nonfunctional for 10-15 minutes while I make some changes.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Ok, we're back and functional. Posting details in the rules thread.
With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Post by With Wicked Intent »

Forces of Nature Logo:

It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Thanks Jacen. FoN logo has been uploaded.

I still haven't gone back to do much with the teams page, but what's there at least has your graphic now.

~Kal
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

New Stuff:
- The Team Points page now shows the scores from each individual week.
- Clicking on "Regulation Duels" should auto load the current week rather than defaulting to Week 1.

Current Bug:
- Team and Duelists Points pages don't appear to be correctly calculating scores. I'll be looking at that today and will report back when it's fixed.

---------------------------

Update: Bug found and corrected. I was loading the special scoring rules on the regulation duels page, but not on the team and duelist point pages.

Return to “The Hydra's Den”