Megabrawl discussion

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Megabrawl discussion

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

Thanks everyone for coming out to last nights Megabrawl. Hopefully it was fun. I know it went long. 12 is about as big as those things can get and I probably should have cut the hp down to 8.

Size/length of the even aside, any other comments on the format? The gang up rule was slightly different this time around. How did you like it?

(For those who weren't there/forgot, we tried something a little new where you could only take one non contested hit. So at worst you could take 3 damage a round, and not more than one that you had a say in. )

It seemed like it did the job. We had several rounds with multiple knock outs, and almost everyone was in it until late in the game. At least in theory it seems like it gives slightly more control to your fate without taking away the complete randomness that is the brawl, but since I spent the 95% of it staring at a window of IMs and not actually watching, maybe I'm wrong.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

You did a stellar job keeping it moving so thank you for taking the time to call it. I know those things aren't easy at all so I don't envy you lol.

The capped damage definitely changed strategy. On one side, it probably contributed a little to the length, but while I know it can be disappointing for your clean hit to not score anything, I think it helped balance out the potential for sore feelings or anything like that. Ultimately it felt like it contributed to a better balance and more strategizing. Tl;dr, I liked it.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

First: AMAZING job! I don't know how you manage that, Kheld. It's insane. But it's also so much fun to participate in, so thank you so so much.

I think the rule worked. Like Claire said, it probably did contribute to the length (I guess doing an elimination round may have been worth it), but it definitely cuts back on the problems the "ganging up" megabrawl issue.

I have no clue how calling it works (I've only read the rules a few dozen times and I still find it confusing), so my suggestion might not make ANY sense. Is there a possibility of including a team element into the megabrawl? Obviously, people team up as is but if it was somehow part of the rules, it could limit the amount of teaming up? Like you have to establish who is your partner at the start, so you can't attack that person but everyone else is an enemy. I mean, I guess teams could then team up too..

I don't know :)

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”