Challenge for Old Market

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Ekthbjlgke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for Old Market

Post by Ekthbjlgke »

You've got what I want, Mairead. Let's mix it up. I hereby challenge you for the Barony of Old Market.

-E
DUEL Kal
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Kal »

Baron Harker's response should be made public at some time prior to Wednesday, December 2nd at 10:16 PM
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Warlord Smith,

I accept your challenge and look forward to meeting you in the ring. Due to my role in the Shanachie Theater's production of "A Christmas Carol," I request the challenge be held with a starting time at the earliest of 10PM by the Eastern clock. 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 13 Dec are the days I have open. Winterfest is a busy time of year.

As to callers, I prefer Dris, Scarlet, Shadow, and Ahni. I like Blue Lily, too, but she seems to have gotten lost in the cupcakes, french fries, and ketchup!

Sincerely,

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Market
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

This challenge must be fought by Monday, December 14, 2015 8:17 pm RST
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Warlord Smith,

My Uncle Eregor has reminded me that time can be ... bent in some circumstances. We can start by 9PM by the Eastern clock on any of the days that I mentioned, but I need at least a full day's notice to arrange things. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Market
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Warlord Smith and I will be meeting on Sunday, 6 Dec at 9PM by the Eastern Clock to complete this challenge. He will be arranging for an official.

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Market
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Due to circumstances beyond control, this challenge has been postponed until 9 Dec. at 9PM by the eastern clock.
Ekthbjlgke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ekthbjlgke »

Dris has graciously agreed to call.
DUEL Dris
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Dris »

People of the Duel of Swords!

It was my great privilege and honor to be chosen to officiate this challenge! Here's the low down.

Warlord E Silent Everything fought under no standard or banner, with no Second, and nobody of any honor whatsoever. Just a whole lot of nope that was incredibly easy to work with.

Baroness Mairead Harker fought under the banner of midnight snow featuring her spirit animal, the polar bear, along with symbols of her heritage. Standing in as her second this evening was her mother, Rhiannon Harker. Her listed Lords of Honor were Doran Ilnaren, Dennis Harker, Tasslehofl Momus, Eregor, and Imp. And Ladies of Honor were Colleen MacLeod-Fenner, Rhiannon Brock, Miss Lyneth Granger, Miss Azure Ilnaren, and the St. Germain Sisters!

Baroness Maggie chose a single duel to decide the fate of Old Market.

In ten rounds, wee Maggie soundly defeated E Silent Everything and secured her title.

Well tried, E! Nicely defended, Maggie!

Here's a copy of my report for your viewing pleasure, citizens.

Enjoy!

Code: Select all

Round 1: "Maggie takes the direct approach, but E Silent Everything puts up a pretty fine defense in her way to take first blood and the point!" ( FCP / TH ) 1 - 0 E

Round 2: "Mr. E -- listen, that wasn't intentional but heh -- gets down low, but it's not low enough to win at limbo. Off with his head! Maggie ties the score." ( FDU / LC ) 1 - 1

Round 3: "Maybe I should've saved the beheading call for this round. E steps... Right into Maggie's swing. Now make with the decapitating! Lead to the Baroness." ( FSS / HC ) 2 - 1 Mairead

Round 4: "Getting tired of being struck, E throws up a wall that Maggie's thrust lands against and succeeds in tying the score back up at twos." ( SH / TH ) 2 - 2

Round 5: "When weapons collide, nobody scores! These cuts come in high but don't succeed in winning any points. We'll keep things tied and moved onto the next round." ( HC / HC ) 2 - 2

Round 6: "E doubles back only to find a powerful defense waiting for him in which Maggie runs off with the lead." ( LC / FCP ) 3 - 2 Mairead

Round 7: "Maggie has mastered the limbo, of this I am sure. She gets down super low and lets E's high swing sail overhead, bringing herself to match point." ( HC / FDU ) 4 - 2 Mairead

Round 8: "Trying to finish it off the quick and easy way proves unsuccessful for Maggie. E evades a puncturing and creeps up on her lead." ( FSS / TH ) 4 - 3 Mairead

Round 9: "Lots of dodging going on and absolutely no scoring. This means we continue on to the next round. Maggie keeps the lead." ( DU / FSS ) 4 - 3 Mairead

Round 10: "We finish this one off in style with dual cuts. An even trade in Maggie's favor. The fate of Old Market stays securely in her hands!" ( HC / LC ) 5 - 4 Mairead

Return to “The Arena”