Challenge for Old Market

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Challenge for Old Market

Post by Hope »

Hey Rhiannon,

It's time I embarrass myself once again. Why Old Market? Well you're Renegade, you're not a trunk and your name isn't Mairead Harker so, those are good enough for me.

Sincerely,
Hope
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Old Market

Post by Conner Reid »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Hope,

Given the outcome of the recent Overlord challenge, which, ironically, means all three of the Renegades you named have gone Loyal, I am offering you the chance to withdraw your challenge before I officially accept.

Sincerely,

Rhiannon Dawn Brock Túr Gairdín
Baroness of Old Market
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Rhiannon,

Unfortunately you all went loyal to the Overlord who just dispatched my friend. If you had stayed Renegade, I would have gone after a loyal. Now I have to stay the course.

I'll be in touch for the details,
Hope
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

To the management of the Duel of Swords,

I wish to offer my apologies. In my efforts to offer Hope the chance to withdraw before officially accepting, I failed to recall that, according to the rules, "Any form of response to the challenge thread by the title holder is considered acceptance."

I would appreciate a ruling, as soon as possible, on the status of Warlord Squires and their ability to test a challenger. It is my understanding that Na-rae Takamine left the decision up to the new management team as to whether or not to continue the practice into the Spring Cycle and beyond. I have no wish to place my Squire, Doran Ilnaren, in an awkward position because I was remiss in not gathering facts.

This challenge will take place on Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 10 PM by the Eastern Clock. An official has not yet been selected.

Rhiannon Dawn Brock Túr Gairdín
Baroness of Old Market
Tippletoe
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Cheer Captain

Post by Tippletoe »

Hi Rhiannon!

As documented here the Revised Squire is still being tested during the Spring 2020 Cycle, and that cycle is still in progress. The Revised Squire applies in this situation as follow:
Squires will continue to be Squires upon hitting the rank of Warlord. They will only cease to be by their own decision, being removed by their Baron or in the event that their Baron is defeated. As a Warlord can only use 4 mods, the bonus mod will no longer apply to the Warlord Squire.
Doran Ilnaren, as a Warlord Squire, has only four fancies.

Squires will unlock a new benefit once they have logged 10 duels on the standings in a cycle. This benefit is the ability to test a challenger of their Baron. These 10 duels will need to be regained each new cycle for this perk to work. These 10 duels are linked to the current ongoing cycle and not when a squire is appointed. Squires who gain the Warlord Rank will no longer need to log these activity duels. We still encourage you to remain active so you are not removed from the standings.
Since Doran Ilnaren is a Warlord Squire, he can test a challenger (Hope) for their baron (Rhiannon) without logging ten duels.

Unlike the Overlord Test of Worthiness (Or grants that may award such privileges), the Squires request to test a challenger can be denied by their Baron.
You can deny Doran Ilnaren's request to test.

When it comes to Loyal Barons the Overlords test will supersede the Squire's request to test for their Baron. There is only one test.
Should Lilith choose to test on your behalf, it will supersede Doran Ilnaren's request to test.

An announcement regarding permanent implementation of the Revised Squire will be made before the end of the Spring Cycle and will take effect at the start of the Summer Cycle.

We hope this clarifies the current situation.

Regards,
The DoS Team
@tippytop

A Tip-Top Gnome from Tip-to-Toe: I'm Your Tippletoe!
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Helea has agreed to help orchestrate this circus.
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

To the Management of the Duel of Swords,

The information was most helpful.

Thank you,

Rhiannon Brock Túr Gairdín
Baroness of Old Market
Helea Alwin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady in Wight

Post by Helea Alwin »

A challenge to go the distance for! Hope's entry into the histories as the newest Baroness of Old Market will be one of overcoming the odds. Baroness Rhiannon Dawn Brock Túr Gairdín set out her Squire to act as champion at the beginning of this challenge night, with Renegade New Haven Baroness Michelle Montoya rising to counter as a Renegade Baron should. Baroness and Squire met — but it would be the Squire who stood victorious. With her dreams of countering to allow her Real RhyDin teammate through, Michelle was forced to sit back and watch as the challenger took to the ring to face off against the Barons champion.

Four rounds. Four rounds is all it took for Hope to gain 4 points. At the cusp of victory Hope continued to fight, though her efforts were dulled in way by Squire Doran's maneuvers. It wasn't until round ten, and in a form of a trade, that Hope was able to secure her path to face off against Rhiannon.

The challenge began! The first two rounds claimed by Hope while the thought of a possible repeat of the test match lingering in the air! Rhiannon broke through these thoughts by gaining a point in the third round — only for Hope to continue on the path of victory by gaining not one, but two points in the following rounds. With the challenger sitting at match point the Baroness had not much hope; but she stood defiant and rallied with the strength of the crowd to slash through Hope's defense. Four to two in Hope's favor, and possibly believing the slash would herald her comeback, Rhiannon was poised to step about the ring to try and find an opening.. and find an opening she would not, as Hope's weapon soared true to catch the Baroness as she stepped from up high. With that final point Hope completed the grueling gauntlet of this Barony Challenge and secured her place in the history books as the newest Baron of Old Market.

Congratulations, Hope! And well tried and well reigned, Rhiannon!

- Helea Alwin
We begin with the Baroness of Old Market. Rhiannon Brock Túr Gairdín's banner has a black Pegasus and the Garden Tower on a field of sapphire blue. Her Second is her Squire and nephew, Doran Ilnaren. Her court of honor includes her husband, Eregor Túr Gairdín, her brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Ebon and Phen Seer Ilnaren, and the Simons - Matt and Koyliak.

The challenger will be fighting under the Real RhyDin Banner; a field of white, black, and gold. Her people of honor are her Real RhyDin teammates — with one of them, Michelle Montoya, acting as her second.

Return to “The Arena”