Talon of Redwin Dates

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Talon of Redwin Dates

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

Okay, I had decided to schedule ToR for Sunday, February 7th. Then was reminded that it is SUPERBOWL Sunday. So that won't work. The following Sunday is Valentine's Day so probably won't work. That leaves a Thursday tournament date or Sunday 2/21 with the WLT occurring the following Sunday.

I don't want to be the one deciding on this when you guys are the ones dueling in it. So, do me a favor and give me your opinions on the date preferred. Try to keep in mind that we want a good turnout.

I'm going to make the decision probably the middle of next week, so be quick with your replies!

Thanks!
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

I say keep it on the 7th because Football is stupid. :) Or the 14th because Valentines day is even MORE STUPID. :)

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with the 21st
Last edited by G on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Jonothon Shaw
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Jonothon Shaw »

I'd think a Thursday night would be good. DoS and Thursdays always went well together, in my opinion! :D
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I'm not currently eligible but a Thursday night might be a nice change up.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

I'd rather it be on a weekend because weekends are more relaxing rather than having a *fun* day at work, then come home to whatever stress level a tournament will bring, then have to get up early to work the next day.

On Sundays, you at least get most of the day to just relax and not have any worries, making the evening tournament more relaxing.

Could always just push it up a day, too. Make it Saturday, that way nobody even has to worry about work the next day.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Yep, I totally understand that. Except, not everyone's weekends are alike. Many people have to work weekends and especially weekend nights.

Moreover, Sunday night tournaments kill my Monday work mornings. A lot. Probably just me :)

I feel like the Powerhouse Party is a good indication that an event can be on a weekday night and still be well attended.
Last edited by JewellRavenlock on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

A Saturday would be better because more people are available. Any argument made can be made for any night of the week. Weeknights are probably the worst because a majority of people work the weekdays, myself included. I would rather do a tournament on a Sunday Night because at least then you have the day to relax rather than a weekday where you work the day, then have to work the next day.

Not everyone is going to get the optimal time. You do what's best for as many as you can and hope it works out.

Weekdays are worse for tournaments, in my opinion. Sunday is just traditional. Saturdays are probably the best day for the most people, including those who call it. If they run late, the callers won't need to worry that they have to work the next morning.

I used to miss a LOT of WLTs and DQs because they were held on nights that I had to work. They went on without me anyway, and I dealt with it and was happy when I could participate. Everyone else needs to do the same because what's best for all is the important factor.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

While I appreciate input...this wasn't a thread to debate best days for tournaments in general. This is specifically for the Talon, a lower ranks tournament so I'm going to be more swayed by those actually able to participate in it. Hope that doesn't sound snarky, just trying to prevent three pages of debate that isn't overly relevant to this particular tournament.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

DUEL Rayvinn wrote:While I appreciate input...this wasn't a thread to debate best days for tournaments in general. This is specifically for the Talon, a lower ranks tournament so I'm going to be more swayed by those actually able to participate in it. Hope that doesn't sound snarky, just trying to prevent three pages of debate that isn't overly relevant to this particular tournament.
Then I vote for Saturday, February 6th. It's the best day of all the options for me, as a participant.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Saturday.

DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

I have another proposal...

The ToR could be held 2/21 or 2/28 and the WLT on 3/6 or 3/13 to kick off Madness.

Does this "extension" help anyone?
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

2/21 and 3/6 are okay by me. They'll be easy days to manage.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Feb 21 and March 6 if Feb 6th option is off the table.

DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

I don't think any of those are actually "off the table" at this point. I really want input from all of the participants so I can choose what the majority wants. This tournament belongs to y'all, not me. If the majority wants it on superbowl Sunday then we'd do it then. Same for V-day.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Then I'm fine with Saturday the 6th or the 2/21 + 3/6 options depending on majority vote swaying to one or the other.

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”