Challenge for Dockside

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Dimitrii Sixtus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for Dockside

Post by Dimitrii Sixtus »

Baroness Gabrielle,

By a stroke of fortune I find myself in posession of a baronial challenge grant. I'm still a little shocked by this turn of events but, none the less, need to select which barony to pursue and in the end have selected Dockside. I've met very few of the current baronesses and have not been part of the Arena community long enough to develope a grudge, so my choice was simply based upon the baroness to have fought a challenge the least recently. As it turns out, that's you.

We haven't met yet and I suppose this doesn't make the best first impression, but I do look forward to this. Hopefully you'll not find it overly insulting.

Respectfully,
Dimitrii Sixtus
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

This challenge is valid and may proceed. The Baroness has until Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:58:00 AM RST to respond to this challenge.

:::A list of challenge officials can be found tacked to the board:::
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

Oh come on, no need to be defensive.

I teased E one time about challenging me and suddenly everyone has kid gloves for handling me. Of course I'll meet you in the ring. Congratulations on your grant.

You're too pretty anyway, I look forward to breaking your face.

Please send some times and days that work for you to the Barony, I'll send a reply within a few days.

-Sabine Gabrielle
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857
Dimitrii Sixtus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dimitrii Sixtus »

The baroness and I have agreed to Wednesday, May 25th as our challenge date, to begin at 9:30pm.

We don't have an official lined up yet, I have some more letters to write for that. Though, if you're a caller and are interested, please let me know.

DS
DUEL Lacey
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Lacey »

"Tonight we have the Baroness Sabine Gabrielle, who - by the way - owes me tons of makeup for calling this. I want some lipgloss, oh! And if they have the kind that have a taste to them then that would be soo killer. Anyway! As you can see, her hanging banner is one of black and white! Her second is Salvador Delahada, and her dude of honor - as written - is Josiah Aubrey.

And her challenger tonight is Dimitrii Sixtus. A challenge right awarded to him from the Madness Winner Elissa Morgan. His banner is one of emerald and silver, his second is David Harada, and his lady of honor is Lirssa Sarengrave.

DOCKSIDE 1: Okay.. So.. start? ( SH x2 ) 0-0
DOCKSIDE 2: And it begins! The Baroness suffers a point loss. ( HC / TH ) 1 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 3: Ouch.. that has to hurt! ( FCP / SL ) 2 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 4: Dimitrii extends his lead by extending his sword! ( HC / TH ) 3 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 5: Sabine's swinging lowbut Dimitrii is waiting. ( LC / FCP ) 4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 6: Shut out? Nope, not yet! ( FSS x2 ) 4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 7: Next! ( FLP / SH ) 4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE FINAL: And that's the end of the first match. ( LC / TH )

Dimitrii wins 5-0 in 8

DOCKSIDE 1: This one starts out like the last.. well, without points I mean! ( FLP / SH )
DOCKSIDE 2: Sabine takes the first point of the second match! ( TH / LC ) 1 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 3: Lots of moving but no new points. ( FSS / FDU ) 1 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 4: A replay of round 2! ( TH / LC ) 2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 5: .. ANOTHER round repeat! ( FSS / FDU ) 2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 6: Double parries! ( FLP / CP ) 2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 7: Sabine's inching closer. ( SH / TH ) 3 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 8: Sabine's going low but Dimitrii's swinging that direction. ( DU/LC ) 3-1 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 9: Sabine's thrusting out but Dimitrii is waiting. ( TH / CP ) 3-1.5 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 10: Slow and steady. ( FCP / DU ) 3-2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 11: Match point! Sabine! ( HC / CP ) 4-2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 12: Dimitrii's not letting this one go just yet. ( SH / LC ) 4-3 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 13: Sabine's half a point away. ( DIS / TH ) 4.5-3 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 14: And they are still going after this clashing round! ( LC x2 ) 4.5-3 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 15: Dimitrii's ready to put a stop to that thrust. ( TH / SH ) 4.5-4 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 16: it's all tied up now! ( CP / DU ) 4.5 all
DOCKSIDE 17: Annnnnd..
Sabine's back with a small lead! ( SS / TH ) 5-4.5 Sabine
DOCKSIDE FINAL: Looks like we're going to the third match! ( HC / SH )

Sabine wins 6-4.5 in 18

DOCKSIDE 1: And we see both thrusting to take a point at the start! ( TH x2 ) 1-1
DOCKSIDE 2: This one is seeing quicker trades this time around. ( HC / LC ) 2-2
DOCKSIDE 3: The trading stops as Sabine takes the lead. ( FSS / FCP ) 3-2 Sabine
DOCKSIDE 4: The lead isn't kept for long as Dimitrii swings high. ( FCP / HC ) 3-3
DOCKSIDE 5: The lead is switchingnow! ( TH / SH ) 3-4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 6: Both meet low! Sabine's offense is a good defense that round. ( LC x2 ) 3-4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE 7: Nothintg! ( DIS / FSS ) 3-4 Dimitrii
DOCKSIDE FINAL: Sabine's setting up another defense but Dimitrii's swinging over it again to end the challenge. ( FCP / HC )

Dimitrii wins 5-3 in 8

"Dimitrii takes two matches to Sabine's one and becomes the newest Baron of Dockside."
Last edited by DUEL Lacey on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellisa Morgan
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ellisa Morgan »

I suppose I need find another Squire. Congratulations Six.

Return to “The Arena”