On the Pulse

A place for the stories that take place within Rhy'Din
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

On the Pulse

Post by On The Pulse »

We here at On The Dot have been awfully quiet since the interviews we did with IFL coaches last season. We have also been very busy. I use the term we as loosely as possible since my bosses are the closest thing to slave drivers while still walking a tightrope of legality, but don't tell them I said that! The fact of the matter is On The Dot has been expanding our field power- we've been holding excruciating interviews for what feels like an eternity now. To be a good journalist it takes more than a nice cup of coffee and a pretty smile(though those never hurt) and after grueling preparations we are ready to present the next step in our dueling coverage.
We are happy to officially kick off our newest writing endeavors with the project titled: On The Pulse. I have my hands full preparing for the upcoming Hydra season and clearing my(demanding) schedule to make room for what I hope to be an onslaught of interviews. This leads me to our newest staff member, Avery Coldman. Avery has shown that she has the vigor to get into the trenches and really stay invested in what at times can be a visceral and overwhelming bloodsport. Avery is now our head Dueling Analyst at On The Dot and will be bringing you all fresh content by the week. On The Pulse will be highlighting the standout duels over the course of the week and will take your votes and nominations for Duelist of the Week. On The Pulse is here for you, our readers and the lifeline of the duels themselves. Avery will be pushing this ship off with the first week's winner but for the weeks to come it's in your hands. Thank you for your continued support and we hope to be hearing from you soon.

-- Midnight Eve

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, June 5th, 2016 - Saturday, June 11th, 2016

Eden Parker becomes the FIRST Duelist of the Week! Eden matched up against current Archmage Rachael Blackthorne and claimed her victory in a short span of six rounds! The amazing matched ended with a score of Eden's 5 to the Archmages own 1.5!

Your very own Duelist of the Week Judo Bear is waiting for you at the Annex!

Duelist of the Week - What is it?

- To award the best duelist of the week!
- Duel of Swords, Fist, and Magic matches all apply! Both regulation and challenges!
- Send your choice for Duelist of the Week in! Be sure to add why you believe your choice should be the next Duelist of the Week!
- Each week a duelist will be chosen out of those nominated!
- Each dueling week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday! Please keep your nominations within that time frame!
- Go out there and make a name for yourself!

(( For everyone and anyone! See an exceptinal duel? A new fighter going head to head with a title holder and coming out on top? An amazing 5-0 finish? A challenge for the history books? Then send your choice, along with a reason why, in a PM to On the Pulse. Each week a duelist will be crowned the Duelist of the Week and receive an RDI icon for their contributions to the community! ))
Last edited by On The Pulse on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

(( The week of June 12 - 18 is almost over! Have you seen a Duelist you believe should be the Duelist of the Week? Your pick could be chosen! All you have you do is send a forum message to On the Pulse and your choice might be the one selected!! There's still time this week, so get those submissions in! ))
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, June 12th, 2016 - Saturday, June 18th, 2016

Our second Duelist of the Week is Arla Carna. A recent newcomer to the Duel of Magic scene. The Apprentice-ranked (non-rank for you Non-Duel of Magic fighters) spellcaster went head to head with Archmage Rachael Blackthrone and grasped victory with an impressive 5.5 win over 2! This feat shows that it's not always rank that makes the better duelist when the final points are counted. Congratulations Arla!

(( See an exceptinal duel? A new fighter going head to head with a title holder and coming out on top? An amazing 5-0 finish? A challenge for the history books? Then send your choice, along with a reason why, in a PM to On the Pulse. Each week a duelist will be crowned the Duelist of the Week and receive an RDI icon. ))
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, June 19th, 2016 - Saturday, June 25th, 2016

Our third Duelist of the Week is our current Baron of Dockside: Dimtrii Sixtus. A Battle of Barons! Old Market vs Dockside! Dimitrii's not one to shy away from shut out opportunities. You might recall his first time at Arena challenges when he shut out former Baroness Sabine in eight rounds in their first match. This week we can proudly say that eight is no longer his number. Seven rounds is all Baron Sixtus needed to outshine fellow loyal Baron Lirssa Sarengrave. A 5-0 performance is always something to admire! Congratulations Dimitrii!

(( See an exceptional duel? A new fighter going head to head with a title holder and coming out on top? An amazing 5-0 finish? A challenge for the history books? Then send your choice, along with a reason why, in a PM to On the Pulse. Each week a duelist will be crowned the Duelist of the Week and receive an RDI icon. ))
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, June 26th, 2016 - Saturday, July 2nd, 2016

Our fourth duelist of the week is Aric Delevingne. A recent newcomer to the venues, Aric went on a tear this past week and only suffered one loss to his name. A solid 5-1 all together performance overall. He ran undefeated in Swords with two wins added to his record, while in fists he suffered a small hiccup but will came out looking like a solid contender after gaining three wins to one loss. If he keeps up this pace he very well be our next Diamond or Overlord!

(( See an exceptinal duel? A new fighter going head to head with a title holder and coming out on top? An amazing 5-0 finish? A challenge for the history books? Then send your choice, along with a reason why, in a PM to On the Pulse. Each week a duelist will be crowned the Duelist of the Week and receive an RDI icon. ))
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, July 4rd, 2016 - Saturday, July 9th, 2016

Our fifth duelist of the week is Lilith. This one has the fancy title of "ex Secundi" on the Duel of Fists standings. Probably not to get confused with some other Lilith who hasn't been around in years. Maybe it's about time she gets upgraded to first status? Putting the talk of name position aside, Lilith came out this past week and plowed through the Archmage Rachael Blackthorn's twin win night like a woman on a mission. Three almost one sided duels, the very last being with the Archmage herself, brought Lilith to a grand total of six wins over losses when the twin wins were applied at the end of the night. Lilith, who gained the rank of Wizard during the last All Ranks Tournament, will soon be Twilight Isles newest Mage once the standings are updated later tonight. And just in time for the Archmage Tournament looming around the corner.

(( See an exceptional duel? A new fighter going head to head with a title holder and coming out on top? An amazing 5-0 finish? A challenge for the history books? Then send your choice, along with a reason why, in a PM to On the Pulse. Each week a duelist will be crowned the Duelist of the Week and receive an RDI icon. ))

Extra - Hydra Q&A : Aric Delevingne of team Royal Pain.

How's your experience been in the dueling venues? You're a new face there, and even a newer face for Hydra. I'm sure others in your shoes would love to read about your thoughts. Are you a little nervous to be thrown into the big league for the first time?

Aric: Oh, of course I'm nervous. I wasn't expecting to be on a team, let alone on a team with so many great duelers. But it's been a great experience! Met a lot of great people at the duels, been doing my best to learn, and just hoping I can contribute to the team.

It's obvious that the two top teams currently are Hydra Foil and Royal Pain. Two teams stacked with great fighters. Do you think this season will be an easy win for your team, or will there be some bumps in the road?

Aric: I don't think any wins are easy, truth be told. A lot of it depends on match ups, and if there's anything I've learned so far, it's that any person can beat anyone else on any given day.

What are you looking to get out of all of this? Fame, fortune, or are you just looking for a good time?

Aric: Money would be nice, but I don't care about getting rich. Fame isn't my thing. I really just enjoy the competition and I've met a lot of great people there so far. So yeah, I'd say I'm looking mainly to have some fun.

Last question.. and one I'm sure many ladies would like to know. Are you single?

Aric: Yeah, single.
__

Note: This interview took place this past Wednesday, so it is slightly dated. Some disgruntled fans have sent in messages to tell me that Aric Delevingne is no longer single.

[ Thank you Aric for the liveplay interview! For this interview and more, please visit: here. ]
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, July 10, 2016 - Saturday, July 16th, 2016

Our sixth duelist of the week is Kruger Allen. The Rock Hard captain didn't let the devastating loss of his teammate against past Duelist of the Week Aric Delevingne sour his night. He geared up, took to the ring, and showed us just why the Rock Hards were a competitive force in the 2015 Hydra Season. The pyrotechnic professional flexed his pythons and buried Noah Bird under the soul crushing weight of a five to zip shut out in nine. Here's hoping that Kruger puts himself up for Week 2 of Hydra and gives us all an amazing show.

On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, July 17th, 2016 - Saturday, July 23rd, 2016

• "Hi, Larry had a 5-0 finish against Racheal for hydra."
    • - Noah Bird, captain of Kirost Misfit's

Our seventh duelist of the week is Larry "Pixy" Foulke. This week saw three amazing duelists go against the odds and achieve success. Noah mauled nine-time Diamond winner Matt Simon, ending the match in an eight round shut out. Our second possible Duelist of the Week would have been a returning holder of it: Lilith ex Secundi. Her rise to Mage and then Archmage only three weeks later isn't something to easily ignore. But there can only be one Duelist of the Week. Considering the score, pressure of Hydra, and the fact that this win marks Larry's debut to the sport of Fists; it became the right choice to give the Kirost Mistfit the nod.

The Misfits may appear to be the weakest team this Hydra Season, but the man with the nickname of "Pixy" turned heads this past week and might have changed a few minds. He completely disassembled Emerald and former Moonberyl Opal holder Rachael Blackthorne in their scheduled Hydra Match in a six round shut out that gave the Misfit squad an astonishing nine point lead. The morale boost must have worked, as the Misfit's are pulling through this second week of Hydra as the clear winner against the Rock Hards. If Noah's paying these fighters, then here's hoping that Larry got a bonus for his hard work.

On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Duelist of the Week
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 - Saturday, August 20th, 2016

• "Hi... uhm... I had hoped to talk to an actual person. These recordings give me the willies. I just wanted to tip you to a duel I know of that happened on the 17th of this week. Andu Kirost, a glass beat The Anvil, a sapphire, 5-2 in six rounds. Am I not supposed to talk about my own losses? Well too late to think of that now. So yeah, that's my suggestion for your duelist of the week."
    • - Kruger Allen, captain of the Rock Hards

Here's a tip. If you're a fan of Hydra? Don't spin out of the parking lot just because the the Hydra Foil's won their third match in a row. Don't think I didn't see that bumper sticker. I could go on about how my car got wrecked and how both of my arm were and still are broken, but I'll save myself the time and not go into detail. Writing with two pencils to hunt and peck at this keyboard is hard enough.

Above is the transcript of the message I received from the Rock Hard captain himself, Kruger Allen. The Anvil isn't shy about giving credit where credit is due it looks like - and I have to agree with his assessment. So Andu Kirost is our eighth duelist of the week!

On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

On the Pulse: Beltane 2017 Special

Are you feeling it RhyDin? It's spring-time. Where all that's good and wonderful comes crawling out of the cold and bitter winter. Yes! The sounds of chirping birds, the sights of frolicking baby deer, and... what's that? The furious keyboard pounding of a loud, yet vocal minority on the internet?

It must have something to do with the recent reveal of Rhydin's 2017 May Queen of Beltane.

Sure, there's always going to be a few (or more than a few) people who are left with a bitter taste in their mouths once all the votes are tallied and a winner is chosen. But thanks to the internet, we get to see their reactions in real time instead of hearing about it at the water cooler tomorrow!

Are you ready to take a peek at the best gems Tweeter can provide? These might be a little old, but I'm sure if any of you readers follow the hashtag you can get a few chuckles of your own.

Leave it to Faelandmagazine blogger Pixie Dust to set all these haters straight!
I'm sure you won't be seeing a handful of protesters at Faeland Publishing tomorrow!
(I'll be there, by the way, with my mic and camera ready.)

So now we must ask ourselves these questions. Should the Beltane committee start passing around stickers that say "Jewell won. Get over it."? Will the public ever get to see the votes, or will they be kept private and continue to cast a shade of uncertainty on the event? And most importantly, will honey cakes be served at the crowning ceremony? Because if they aren't then I'm sure not showing up!

Avery Coldman
Writer for On the Pulse

Return to “The Streets of Rhy'Din (shared)”