July 2016 Archmage Tournament

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

July 2016 Archmage Tournament

Post by DUEL Specter »

The July 2016 Archmage Tournament will be held on Sunday, July 17th at 8:00pm Eastern! The format will most likely be double elimination (depending on entrants), and late entrants have no more than 5 minutes to arrive. Seeding will begin at 8:05pm, and casting will begin at 8:10pm.

Seeding will be based on the most recent RoK rankings. Early registration will cut off on Friday, July 15th at 8:00pm. Any late registrants or walk-ins will automatically be ranked below early registrants. Registrants tied with the same ranking will be seeded by WoL.

Please post your registrations as replies to this thread. Good luck everyone!

((It's worked well, so we will adhere to a 5 minute casting limit each round in order to try and keep the tourney from running too late. Exceeding 5 minutes once will result in a friendly reminder from the caller. Anything after that will result in a mis-cast, meaning no spell was invoked and the opponent's spell scores for maximum damage. After a mis-cast, the duelist is still not allowed to use whatever spell they most recently used. That way the mis-cast does not serve as a type of disengage. In the case anyone needs more than 5 minutes for an urgent/special circumstance, please alert the caller, opponent, and the room so they they know you need a few minute and will return asap. Any questions, you know where to find me. Thanks!))
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

I will attend this Tournament.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

I should be there

-CRF
Spider
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Spider »

Circumstances permitting, I will attend this battle.
~L'Elghinyrrok Orbb Zauvirr~
~35th Holder of the Ring of Klytus~
~39th Talon of Redwin~
~57th Archmage of Twilight Isle~
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Apple says I have to try once. So this is my once.

Lil
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
DUEL Jesse
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Jesse »

Out of two competitors... Twilight Isle's newest Mage, Lilith, wins two out of three against former Archmage Xanth Van Bokkelen!

First match: Xanth wins 6-5
Second Match: Lilith wins 5-2
Third match: Lilith wins 5-1.5

Get to work on scheduling that challenge and good luck to everyone!
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

The Archmage and I have agreed to meet on Friday the 22nd at 10 RT (ET). The Anvil's calling.
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

Post by DUEL Specter »

( Lilith has the magespell of immolation which is currently not listed on the standings. Please link this notice to the chat before the challenge starts so that both caller and Rachael know of the spell. )
DUEL Anvil
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DUEL Anvil »

From beneath the chosen ring, a rumbling overtakes the Isle. A thunderous sound precedes the mountain that bursts forth, rising just above all the other rings as the ground around the peak drops deep into the earth, creating a mountain's depths all around the ring and casting an ethereal, celestial light across the others. Clouds and thunder, lightning and wild tempests surround the ring and fill the pit where earth, air, fire, and water all come into being and play a part in the overpowering forces that the Archmage and his/her opponent clash with. Endless tiny, faintly lit stars float listlessly across the battleground of the Archmage; most powerful of the casters.

He makes his way back to the couch and turns on his headset. "Welcome to tonight's Main Event! Lilith is taking her challenge gained at the last tournament and putting it at Rachael's feet. I am The Anvil... and I bring to Ring Olympus... Fire!

Code: Select all

Olympus 1: Get out your umbrella's folks... these ladies are making it rain! Hope they don't get Drops of Jupiter in their hair! (FMS/MS) 0

Olympus 2: Rachael's got her power flowing! She's looking for a way to shock the hell out of Lilith! That chick just immolates the entire ring! (MB/IM) 1 L

Olympus 3: There's something happening in there! I'm trying to make it out! That is one thick fog rolling in! Wait! did you hear that? Someone got cut down!!!!!! (FFF/FWB) 2.5 L

Olympus 4: Rachael doesn't like when people play with knives... and don't invite her! She's got them things sailing back!... But Lilith just melts them out of the air! (WB/IM) 3.5 L

Olympus 5: There are ways I like to be touched! I'm not sure I like that way Lilith! I'm quite sure that Rachael doesn't! She's sending the spooky to the nether realms! (NR/FFT) 1-3.5 L

Olympus 6: It's okay! I know exactly how you feel in there! It's hard to juggle all those knives when you have a headache, Lilith! (MW/FWB) 2-3.5 L

Olympus 7: Well damn! Lilith is going to the well again! She's wants to have her way with Rachael's emotions! Instead she's being deflected off that killer shield! (SH/FT) 2.5-3.5 L

Olympus 8: Damage and Pain! I've got a headache just watching this! Seems Rachael does too, but it's not bad enough that she can't drop a few rocks on Lilith! (MS/MW) 3.5-4.5 L Match Point

Olympus 9: Both laides are giving it their all! Rach's focus on her next spell is impeccable! Nothing could survive that! If it isn't blocked out by a shield! (FFF/SH)

(Bat Outta Hell .def. Rachael Douglas, 5-3.5 in 9 Match 1 AM Challenge!)
"I need to make this a little more interesting up there." He's leaning towards Rena and reaching for the hammer that fell under the table. Concentrating hard on it, as the illusion of a small black hole appears in the ring and starts the tiny stars to swirling around it!

Code: Select all

Olympus Two 1: Rach's got it in mind to get that first point all sneak attack like! I've seen movies... Seems Lilith has too, there's scary stuff in the fog! (FFF/FT) 1 L

Olympus Two 2: I still have my plastic cover from the killer whale show! Get under it quick Rena... there's gonna be a huge splash down! (MS/FMS) 1 L

Olympus Two 3: There's a time for fog... and a time for running and screaming your head off! It's that time Lilith... that time! (FT/FF) 1 All

Olympus Two 4: Lilith comes with a lot of options! Like my old GI Joe action figures! Rach has options too... the Captain America kind! (SH/IM) 1.5-1 R

Olympus Two 5: Rach is making things glow real good! You can almost see beyond the metaphysical barrier! Maybe that's why we all missed them knives? (NR/WB) 1.5 A

Olympus Two 6: I'll admit to having lost a few wits... but these two are throwing it at one another!! Get the ibu's we're gonna need it! (MW/FMW) still 1.5 All

Olympus Two 7: Being scary is one thing... its fun in a you're mean kind of way! When you carry knives, things become less scary! (FFT/WB) 1.5-2.5 L

Olympus Two 8: Lilith... Rachael... you two are doing just Stellar! Just ELE Stellar! (MS/MS) still 1.5-2.5 L

Olympus Two 9: Rachael's got the right idea! She's erecting that quick defense like a kid with... well no that's not family friendly! Who wrote this copy? Right Idea! Wrong one as Lilith goes to the old standby... if you can't blast it Stab it! (SH/WB) 1.5-3.5 L

Olympus Two 10: Finally bringing out the big guns Lilith? That's hot hot hot! Too bad you didn't get the GPS upgrade! (FF/FMB) 2-3.5 L

Olympus Two 11: Rachael has a cure for the headache that Lilith is trying to give her! Lots of electricity! (MB/MW) 3-3.5 L

Olympus Two 12: Lilith's seen enough! She's outta there! And just in time as Rach's cutting up the space right behind her! (WB/DI) 3-4 L

Olympus Two 13: Lilith is going for it! She's on her way to taking down The Arch Mage... wait no, those blades just don't stand a chance! (IM/WB) 4 All Sudden Death!!!
Olympus Two 14: Dayum! That's one scary... Don't Look Rena! Even Lilith hid behind a shield! (FFT/SH) 4-4.5 L

Olympus Two 15: Once upon a time, there were two powerful wizardesses! They came from two different places. They asked if anyone was crazy enough to officiate a match between them... then they went to the funny farm and found The Anvil! 

Lilith has high hopes of being elevated! Rach has the duty to put her down!! With all her will, Rachael attacked that would be... that upstart!

Then the fog rolled in and well nobody saw what the heck Lilith did but she was the one standing in the end! (MW/FF)

(Bat Outta Hell .def. Rachael Douglas, 5-4 in 15 AM Challenge Match 2)
Within the ring that tiny black hole expands exponentially sucking in all that comes close, including Ring Olympus, leaving the fighters standing in just a normal old ring again!

Congratulations Lilith on winning The Celestial Key!

Well Reigned Rachael!
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

As promised...a bit late...but there was a delivery to the Celestial Tower to Andrea. She would have to watch the movies to figure out what Jochin was talking about though.

Return to “Twilight Isle”