Possible Event?

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Possible Event?

Post by PrlUnicorn »

I was wondering if there would be any interest in another jousting dueling event coupled with a carnival and/or scavenger hunt. This could be an end of summer event or it could be connected to Citizen's Day, which is in early September.

Thanks!
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

"I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!"

Movie quotes aside, this does sound like fun, and (as Ebon) I'm always looking for ideas to liven up Rhydin holidays AND support more cross-forum relations between ROH and RDI. :)
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Would it be like non-sanctioned? Like are ranks involved or would it be like an ART?

Is there going to be restrictions on mounts or will the players involved be able to use wolves, giant turtles, whatever works?
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

I would like to do it on a Fight Night to involve as many players as possible. If permission was granted by the PTB, perhaps, a loss forgiveness night to encourage people try the duels or try one they haven't before?

Since my plan is for all sports, I was thinking horses for armed and unarmed combat, but whatever people might want to use for Magic. How many magic characters have summons or elemental they could use? That could make for some interesting RP. The other alternative is using warhorses that won't be spooked by the other creatures.

Carnivals, I think we all have a good idea of what to expect there. Food, fun, and entertainment. Maybe the people playing the members of Trash would be willing to play a set. It could be part of a live event or just posted, background events are just as important as live ones to give an event flavor.

A scavenger hunt could be a list of things posted that would crop up in play or posts at various points in the week prior. For instance: Xeno tends bar at the Great Helm for a particular shift. An item on the list is a sword from Xeno. It could be a toy sword or drink stirrer shaped like one.

As for prizes of some kind, custom icons of items seem to go over well.

If anyone has any suggestions on what's posted or ideas to add, I'm open to reading them.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I think this sounds like a fun idea! Who doesn't like a festival? Sounds like great RP potential too!

I know you said you were thinking of just horse mounts for the armed and unarmed combat portions of the event, but I think opening it up to any kind of mount might be fun. In particular because that gives a little more freedom for characters for whom a horse might not make sense.

That said, it's your event, so run with it however you'd like! Let me know if I can help!
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

I like the idea of this event as well, and would offer to help too should you find the need for one slightly twisted Anvil.
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Kruger wrote:I like the idea of this event as well, and would offer to help too should you find the need for one slightly twisted Anvil.
Glad to have you on board. If anyone can hammer you straight, it's Collie!
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Citizens' Day is Saturday, 10 September. Events, board and live, tend to run for the weekend I'm looking at the Sunday, 11 September for this. OOC, this will likely be going on in an RDI room. IC, the plan is to block off the street where the Old Temple Manor is located for the carnival.

Anvil, Eden, I thank you both for offering to help out and hope that date is open for you both to call. :)

I'll post more details soon and will be in touch with the coordinators with a couple of questions.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I'd be happy to call! Sounds like fun!

Is this going to be in place of the usual regulation dueling? Because I think that's a Saturday when I normally have the late shift at the RDI Annex.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Eden Parker wrote:I'd be happy to call! Sounds like fun!

Is this going to be in place of the usual regulation dueling? Because I think that's a Saturday when I normally have the late shift at the RDI Annex.
The plan is for it to replace regulation dueling on Sunday night, but be held on the RDI site instead of RoH.

Due to a few unforseen issues, I'm bit behind on this and just sent out Contact Us request to each of the Dueling Admin teams to get the ball rolling. I should have the setting and other event details hammered out by Monday night.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Oh, sorry! I misread the dates! Sunday the 11th works fine for me!

I'm on standby. Let me know how the administrative coordinating goes. :)
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

I'm in, should be a good time! Does this mean someone else is handling the music? I recommend my tech guy... Jorje. He's awesome but don't tell him I said that since. It'll go straight to his NPC head.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Thank you again, Eden and Anvil!
Many thanks to Claire for helping me get DoM's part set up in record time.

Anvil, Jorje is a go to DJ for dueling and the carnival.

So far this is what I have posted:
http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewt ... 771#223771

Aric, as the current Baron of Old Temple where the event is being held, your ideas and input are welcome.

If anyone has suggestions, this is the time to bring them up.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Collie, am I crazy, or do I not see the date of the dueling event posted in any of the threads you've created for it?
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Eden Parker wrote:Collie, am I crazy, or do I not see the date of the dueling event posted in any of the threads you've created for it?
No, you aren't crazy. I thought I had posted the date and time! I appreciate you calling it to my attention and it's been edited to add the date and 9-midnight time listed on the schedule for regulation duels. I also add the room to the OOC info. A request was made for it to be added to the calendar.

Return to “Community Townhall”