Team Dirty Challenge #2: Challenge for Dockside

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Team Dirty Challenge #2: Challenge for Dockside

Post by Claire Gallows »

Six,

Not as though you need the Overlord to protect you, I've seen you fight. Still, I'm taking advantage of the state of things right now and as such, I challenge you for the right to hold Dockside.
DUEL Kal
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Kal »

Validation on this one is pending. I have a few questions I need to pose to Sylus about the technicalities and one of us will get back in the next day or so.

~Kal
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Technicalities? If something's not in line, I'd love to know so I can avoid it in the future.

CRF
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Not necessarily anything you did wrong, Claire. I think there is a borderline case to be made for Baron Sixtus continuing to enjoy a grace period since his last defense. Perhaps not. Either way, I think it is a call that needs to come from Sylus.

~Kal
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Per my understanding of the rules, a loyal baron's grace is per calendar month, not rolling 30 days. If I'm incorrect, I'd gladly rescind.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

The typical definition of the term is from day X in month one until day X in month two. That does not mean, however, that we have used that definition here in DoS. I pose the question to Sylus because I am not sure. Silly, I know, this seems like something I would have picked up on in the past. Since I haven't though, I didn't want to make it up tonight.

There's then also the question of whether or not it would even apply at this point, given the lack of an Overlord.

So, like I said, just some things I'd like to get Sylus to give me some answers on before I can validate this (or not).

~Kal
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Word. I appreciate the explanation, Kal. Keep up the good fight.

CRF
DUEL Sylus
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Sylus »

Per the Official Duel of Swords Rules
5. Loyal Barons need only defend their title once per calendar month. The Loyal Baron can waive this option.
Baron Six last defended his title on July 25th, this says he has been eligible to for challenge as of August 1st.

This challenge is valid and may proceed.
Dimitrii Sixtus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dimitrii Sixtus »

No big deal, it was only another couple days if grace did work that way and I think I would have waived it anyway.

So, challenge accepted! I'm thinking we just get it done sometime this week. How's Thursday at 10 work for you?

DS
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Perfectly. I'll find us a caller unless there are any volunteers.

CRF
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

Lisa agreed to call this.
DUEL Lisa
Standings Keeper
Standings Keeper

Post by DUEL Lisa »

Full Report to come but tl;dr version is Dimitrii defends Dockside in a single shot match against Claire! Great job Dimitrii and valid try Claire.

Return to “The Arena”