Keepers Council: The Matt Simon Problem

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Keepers Council: The Matt Simon Problem

Post by Spell »

I hereby establish the Keepers Council to discuss Matthew Algiers Simon and his encroachment on Twilight Isle.

He has already shown complete disregard to the ways of the Isle, while believing himself to be the de facto emperor (see imperial propaganda, aka "RASG", pamphlet on pg. 3 of your fact sheet) and protector of Twilight Isle. This disrespect to our way of life and his attempts, through force (see bombing reports, maps, and images on pg. 4-6) to claim power on the Isle, should not be tolerated.

I propose the following sanctions against the Keeper of Air.

1. The RASG, along with any and all craft and personnel, is not allowed to enter the pocket dimension of Twilight Isle.
2. Activity from the Tower of Air must be monitored at all times. This responsibility will be shared between Earth, Fire, and Water Keepers. We will make a joint task force and act as Peace Keepers on the Isle.

Should Matthew Algiers Simon, through his own force or with magical power from the Tower of Air, breach the peace of the Isle, the Peace Keepers will have full authority to enact swift and devastating counter measures.

YOU ARE ON NOTICE, MATT SIMON. SPEAK UP IN YOUR YOUR DEFENSE.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Dear Jesse,

I haven't the time nor patience for your nonsense.

Bring it.

--Matthew Algiers Simon
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Since Old Man Simon won't speak in his own defense, I guess I've got no choice but to endorse this measure without argument.

Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Keepers Council. I've cone to inform you that Matthew Algiers Simon is refusing to meet for peace talks. It is becoming clear that he has and will not be changing his ways. Stricter sanctions must be put into place and will be firmly held until a time where Matthew Algiers Simon puts aside his own ego and is willing to work with us!

The newest sanction is as followed:

1. All trading with the Tower of Air and its occupants will hereby cease. Any deals currently taking place are to be terminated at once.

I also request permission to begin building a wall, along with a creation of a no man's land a mile between the wall and the Keeper of Airs territory. No one is to enter / cross this land. Those who do will be considered an enemy of the Isle and dealt with as such. We must quarantine the infection of Matthew Algiers Simon!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Dear Jesse,

Correct me if I am wrong, but does it not seem a futile task to build a wall around the Keeper who possesses the Tower and the Key that allow him to fly through the air as if he had been born with wings?

Sincerely,

Bailey Raptis

Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Bailey,

Your genius is showing. You're right, a wall will not do. Which is why we will make a dome instead. We can craft rune-stones and set them around the border easily enough. Matt's a novice when it comes to magic, so he will have no idea how to tamper with them. YOU CAN'T PUNCH YOUR WAY OUT OF EVERYTHING, MATT!!
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

But I can bomb my way free from the outside.

Keep trying.

--Matthew Algiers Simon
DemiBob
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DemiBob »

Matt,

Attacks on stone and earth are attacks on me, and attacks on me are ill advised. Instead, I would propose a trade -- for one of your cool fighter jet things, I will construct a tunnel for you beneath the dome, so that you can enter and leave as you wish. It will run from the portals to the tower.

This way, everyone can be happy. I get a cool fighter jet (I'm totally painting it like me and flying that thing around everywhere), Jesse gets to keep you secure and locked away, you still get to use your tower, Bailey gets to continue to be the cool one around here...

Consider my offer. I'll be waiting.
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

If Matt were to give Bob a jet, and the promise that the RASG will not do bombing runs on the Isle, then I believe that there would be no more reason for sanctions or a dome.

As a peaceful compromise, I will even give you, Matt, the body of Lady Plaguetrest. So that there will be no threat of me raising her to undeath once more.
With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Post by With Wicked Intent »

To all parties:

I have no idea what this is all about, but as the new Keeper of the Earth Tower, I'm taking myself out of it. This seems pretty silly to me.

Sincerely,

Jacen Balthazar
It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not.

Return to “Twilight Isle”