First Day

Tales from a menagerie of characters.

Moderators: Talathian, Kenzi, Rayvinn

Kenzi
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Rhydin University - Broadcasting Journalism Department or KLIT-AM 900 studio

First Day

Post by Kenzi »

November 1st

Part One

Today my new job starts! RhyDin Center for Circus Arts here I come! This isn’t just a job opportunity; this is a change-my-life kind of opportunity. I doubt Cane knew that when he offered me the job. Or maybe he did, he is Ko-the-Wise. Either way, I feel that I need to make sure he never regrets it.

This is quite literally my dream job. I get to do everything I already love to do and get paid really well for it.

I have to look amazing today.

First day of classes; a first impression upon the parents paying for these classes, upon other instructors, upon these kids. Not to mention the added pressure of knowing the manager of the portion of RCCA where I work is presumed dead. ‘Get Bent’ studio is dedicated to her memory. So I will make this amazing for these kids just as I know she would. I didn’t have to know her well to know of her exuberance and kindness. Everyone knew…still knows.

My nerves are a mess now. Too much excitement does this to me; turns from a positive, motivating force into anxiety. What if I can’t handle a real job? I’ve had so many jobs, have so many jobs still, but none of them are like this. I’m pretty sure that Dimitrii has a bottle of vodka around here that we haven’t drank, or that I haven’t drank and refilled with water so he didn’t know. One drink would probably help.

Okay, probably not. Sobriety is a good thing when dealing with children.

“Okay Kenz, get your **** together. Put on the face everyone needs to see today. War paint and your smile can fool anyone.”

Return to “The Mundane and Mystical - Tales of Elves and Men”