Crew Challenge to Seaside

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Vael,

Title holders should not necessarily be judged on what their wins over loses record reflects. I'm rather disappointed that you believe that those who haven't held a particular rank aren't worthy of holding a title. I have never officially held the rank of Warlord and was only eligible to hold it for one week.

Maggie

-------------------------
Lord Karos,

I am no longer a title holder. However, despite my youth, I would welcome the opportunity to face you in the ring for a match in armed combat. I do understand if you prefer not to duel someone of my age as it is matter of one's personal tenets.

Mairead Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Vaeluthil Whitevale »

Mairead,

I politely request that ye nae assume what I do or do nae believe based on a single sliver of banter and in turn, I assure ye that you'll find nary a reason to be disappointed.

Regards,
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Baroness Whitevale,

Your request is a fair one. I would appreciate it, however, if you would kindly please explain what you mean in the following statement: "At least I won mine from a fellow Warlord rather than someone equivalent to a Master at Arms." I'd just like to clear up what's apparently a misunderstanding on my part. While you might not have meant it to, it comes off as rather disparaging to those of us that have held titles through grants or other special means.

Mairead E. Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Vaeluthil Whitevale »

Twas merely meant a jab for a man who places so much false importance upon others worthiness, rank, and past accomplishments, in consideration of his disparagement of myself in this thread of cork postings as well as other duelists and challenge postings in the past. We could add in my interactions with the slaver in person as well but alas, hearsay, aye? My cabinet of squires refers to this as "banter" and I am assured tis commonplace when dealing with those who think it prudent to speak poorly about their peers within the sport. He wishes to speak of worthiness by his standards, I was simply reminding him that even he cannot attain such a lofty ideal at all times. My barb was nae for you or any others, just one.

Regards,
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

That explains it.

Thanks,

Maggie
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Maggie,

To start with, ignore the deluded faerie. She talks of accomplishments but runs in tears to the Overlord when challenged. You are better than this.

As far as your challenge to me; achieve the rank of Warlady or win a title. Both are within your grasp, and I do not find it equitable that I put a title on the line but my opponent does not.

Also, you are a child. Whatever my reputation, I do not find if profitable or palatable to harm children; indeed, despite my reputation, I actually take great joy in executing those who do. You may have noticed a lack of slavers who prey on children.

There is a reason for that.

~Anubis Karos
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Lord Karos,

I think there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding. I was not asking to challenge you for the title you hold. I was asking, quite simply, for an opportunity to cross weapons with you in the rings. I do not claim to be better than anyone. I earned my way up, but not without help of my teachers and faith placed in me by Rand alTan. As my Gran says, once I get in the ring, I am standing on my own.

Vael's words troubled me because I have never officially held the Warlord rank, but as a Renegade Baron utilized the Right to Challenge when she was tested by then Overlord Matt Simon. That is why I asked her for an explanation.

I am well aware that you are protective of children which is why I said that I understand that some people, meaning adults, prefer not to meet someone of my age in the rings. It is something I have adjusted to. I thank you for treating my request seriously and answering it without belittling me as some adults have done.

Maggie
Bile
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Bile »

I for the record have no issue harming children.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

To Whom It May Concern,

I have found my pen! It has been missing for the last week or so. It has sparkly blue feathers on top and it is the only pen I like to use when writing correspondence of any sort.

Now that the crisis has been averted and peace has returned to Little Elfhame...

Anubis, despite our kinship, I must offer one correction to your prolific public correspondence of that last few days. At no time has Lady Vael ever approached me in tears. In fact, she has never run to meet me about anything! It would muss her hair and upset her dress to be running about in such a manner, so naturally she should walk or send a courier of some sort.

I would like to make it clear though that I would offer (and have done so during the Trick or Treat challenges) to intercede during a challenge on behalf of any loyal baron at my discretion or perhaps even per my whim of the moment. You know, faeries can be such flighty creatures. It's a shame you have taken the possibility of an intercession in your upcoming challenge off the table. I'm sure everyone was just waiting to see what I would do! Now they'll never know. Shame.

Lady Vael, I like your stickers.

Lord Bile, it's certainly something to see you out and about again. Perhaps you will consider having me serve as your Lady of Honor if you choose to challenge in the near future?

xoxo

The Empress Overlady

Return to “The Arena”