Time and Chance

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Lord Arithon
Adventurer
Adventurer

Time and Chance

Post by Lord Arithon »

::a note, written in dark purple ink on fine vellum and adhered to the board by what appear to be silver nails. The script is somewhat florid but readable::

Denizens of the Arena,

After a long absence, it is my pleasure (and your honor) to return once more to these rings of blood and honor.

I will be taking up once more my rank and title, and shall assume that whatever persons of skill remain in these environs shall make themselves available for the use of my blade.

Cordially,
Arithon Falessen
Lord of House Falessen
High Ward of Harthanore
Regent of the Royal Academy of the Arts
52nd Overlord of the Duels of Sword
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Guess I should give props to my elders. Welcome back.

- Terry King
98th Overlord of the Duels of Swords
6/7 of the Baronies; 7/7 soon™
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Congratulations on not being dead. I'm sure plenty of people will appreciate having an old new body to stab.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Greetings Lord Arithon,

How pleasant it is to have the possibility of a new (old) adversary grace the Arena floor once more! Perhaps you will present a challenge if your blade has not gone to rust. Five others have tried to take my crown but have been unsuccessful.

Maybe you'll get lucky.

Looking forward to having you meet me!

xoxo

The Empress Overlady
Jewell Ravenlock
110th Overlord of the Duel of Swords
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

Hello Lord Arithon!

Sorry for the delay in welcoming you back.

I am Sabine Gabrielle and hold the Battlefield Park Barony. I am also known as the little murderdoll around these parts. I have anger problems. Did. Do. I'm working them out. I also overshare. But only my own information, nobody elses. I'm a good secret keeper. When they are not my own. Except that time I hid the fact that I was married for six months from all of my friends.

That's a lot of information.

I was like seven when you last held a title here, I think. I wasn't around these parts then anyway but I did look over your record. It's pretty awesome to welcome back an old timer. Not that you're old. Well you kind of are but not like old old. I mean old in Rhydin can be like 3,000. That's old. You're like in that hot/old kind of grey area like Tom Selleck. I saw him in a movie once. You know like if you and I hooked up, people would high five you but think I have daddy issues? That kind of hot old.

Anyway. Welcome back! I look forward to meeting you in the rings at some point.

-Sabine Aubrey-Gabrielle
Baroness of Battlefield Park
Murderdoll
Face of Baroness Beauty
Sub-caller
DoS Standings Keeper
Mrs. Josiah Aubrey
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857

Return to “The Arena”