New Haven Challenge

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

New Haven Challenge

Post by Hope »

So it's been about six months since I stepped away from DoS competitively and I feel the proper time has passed for me to now take back what's mine. I don't have anything against you Rachael, you just happen to be the one with the ring; though I'm sure your loyalty is going to be a lot of fun to deal with and I have high aspirations that Jewell is going to be coming in here shortly. By my invitation or not she just can't keep away from my business. Anyways, I want my house back since I wasn't ever defeated for it, I'm just a negligent moron.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Oh darling, you say that like you don't want me in your business, but I have a suspicion that you do want me there (amongst other places).

Maybe you'll have that pool party after all?

xoxo

Jewell
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Madame Hope,

I accept your challenge for the the Barony which I am custodian of.

This challenge will take place on June the 6th, at 9PM EST.

The infamous Anvil will be calling the challenge.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

After reaching out to the Baron of New Haven both Rachael and I have agreed that regardless of the outcome we would like to give something to the district for the event. There will be a food drive and clothing donation for the needy in New Haven and another donation setup to support the local Watch. Instead of buying tickets with your hard-earned money if you instead show up with some non-perishable goods or some hand-me-downs you can let your wallet sigh some relief. Come out for the challenge, support the District and have fun!

For a little extra I will be sticking around for a meet and greet to thank everyone who came out and donated for the good causes. I hope to see you all there for a fun challenge.
DUEL Anvil
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DUEL Anvil »

The challenger and the challenged both showed up! I know, because The Anvil was there too!

Baroness Rachael Blackthorne opted for a best of three format. And began a seesaw battle where she managed to keep Hope from passing her for eight rounds. In the ninth Hope nudged ahead, but Rachael managed to hold on for another two round only to have it slip from her grasp in a heartbreaking 12th round.

Queen .def. Rachael Blackthorne, 6-5 in 12

The second match started off strong for Rachael, as she took an early lead in the second. It would be the only points she scored though as Hope owned the rest of the rounds bringing home a victory in the sixth.

Queen .def. Rachael Blackthorne, 5-1 in 6

Hope Naharis is the new Baroness of New Haven.

Congratulations Hope! Well reigned Rachael!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Well reigned Rachael! I am sorry I could not be present to offer my scepter in defense of your barony as I have done in the past. I am still recovering from my own loss the other night.

Hope, congratulations. Terribly sorry I could not be a thorn in your side last night! Perhaps another time. I'll be inviting myself over sometime soon to enjoy the pool.

-Jewell
Last edited by JewellRavenlock on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Don't worry about it, you would have only been delaying the inevitable. Also I'm plotting my next summer party so you'll have an excuse soon to oogle my swimsuit.
JC
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Best Chae

Post by JC »

Would you two just hurry up and make out already?

Return to “The Arena”