Rings of Honor

Rings of Honor
Calendar   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups
  Register   Log in
New Haven Squire Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rings of Honor Forum Index -> The Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen
Beast Mode
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

6,085 Silver Nobles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: New Haven Squire Challenge Reply with quote

Once upon a time I held a haiku contest to pick a squire. Seeing as how I'm in need of a squire I've decided to bring back this contest but with a slight twist. Instead of writing a haiku I want any interested applicants to tell me a story. It does not have to be dueling related but for the sake of not putting me to sleep I would like it to involve a little action or adventure. The deadline for entries will be Sunday the 16th. Anyone can submit a story but only those below the rank of Warlord and who aren't a Baron are valid to win the squireship. Runner-ups will receive some nobles for their efforts.

Some of you may be thinking: well why do I want to be your Squire anyway? That's a great question and I've come up with some answers to that.

1. New Haven Manor is a beautiful place to live. If you're currently between homes, staying at the rat-motel a.k.a. The Red Dragon Inn, I can assure you there's better rooms in the manor and I have at least some alcohol.

2. There's a pool. Yes, you read that properly. There is a pool and it's amazing.

3. All the sunbathing you want. Not everywhere in Rhy'Din has a decent spot to bronze and tan. "But I don't like sunbathing", that's fine, you can just watch me while I do it.

4. The best sunset in Rhy'Din. East Coast Beast Coast, from the manor you can see the sun setting and believe me it's a sight.

5. My teachings. It's no coincidence this is the farthest item down on the list. I'm no guru or esteemed veteran- I just win sometimes. I can help you do that but I'm not promising any glory or greatness.

If any of these or alll of them strike your fancy then submit a written application below. Please include your name at the very least so I know whose story I'm reading and which if any of the above helped sway your decision.

((OOC: Resurrecting the old tradition Hope is seeking a squire and is hoping that some interested parties will partake in her little pen activity. Any may submit a story but only those below Warlord rank who aren't currently a Baron may win the Squireship. If you just want to write a story feel free to and just include you're not seeking the prize. Stories can be any length just preferably a paragraph or two minimum.))
Mairead Harker
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Groom, Tutor
17,296 Silver Nobles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Hope,

Do you have an requirement for your Squire? Some people do, some don't.

Thanks,

Maggie
Queen
Beast Mode
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

6,085 Silver Nobles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maggie!

Any humanoid is acceptable. I have nothing against any non-bipedal persons who are interested I just don't know how to go about teaching them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rings of Honor Forum Index -> The Arena All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: