Once upon a time I held a haiku contest to pick a squire. Seeing as how I'm in need of a squire I've decided to bring back this contest but with a slight twist. Instead of writing a haiku I want any interested applicants to tell me a story. It does not have to be dueling related but for the sake of not putting me to sleep I would like it to involve a little action or adventure. The deadline for entries will be Sunday the 16th. Anyone can submit a story but only those below the rank of Warlord and who aren't a Baron are valid to win the squireship. Runner-ups will receive some nobles for their efforts.
Some of you may be thinking: well why do I want to be your Squire anyway? That's a great question and I've come up with some answers to that.
1. New Haven Manor is a beautiful place to live. If you're currently between homes, staying at the rat-motel a.k.a. The Red Dragon Inn, I can assure you there's better rooms in the manor and I have at least some alcohol.
2. There's a pool. Yes, you read that properly. There is a pool and it's amazing.
3. All the sunbathing you want. Not everywhere in Rhy'Din has a decent spot to bronze and tan. "But I don't like sunbathing", that's fine, you can just watch me while I do it.
4. The best sunset in Rhy'Din. East Coast Beast Coast, from the manor you can see the sun setting and believe me it's a sight.
5. My teachings. It's no coincidence this is the farthest item down on the list. I'm no guru or esteemed veteran- I just win sometimes. I can help you do that but I'm not promising any glory or greatness.
If any of these or alll of them strike your fancy then submit a written application below. Please include your name at the very least so I know whose story I'm reading and which if any of the above helped sway your decision.
((OOC: Resurrecting the old tradition Hope is seeking a squire and is hoping that some interested parties will partake in her little pen activity. Any may submit a story but only those below Warlord rank who aren't currently a Baron may win the Squireship. If you just want to write a story feel free to and just include you're not seeking the prize. Stories can be any length just preferably a paragraph or two minimum.))