Orbiter Dueling Tool

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Joker
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Orbiter Dueling Tool

Post by Joker »

This post has been posted first in the Caller's Corner for all active callers and it's being repeat posted here for everyone to see. I understand not all callers are currently active and visit those parts of the boards, so this is for everyone else who has called and doesn't currently or may wish to in the future.

So when it was announced that FlashChat would eventually be dying off I was convincing myself to try and learn Python. These two worked out pretty well and I started my Orbiter project to bridge a necessity for a dueling tool moving forward and my desire to learn. Thus I made Orbiter! It's not complete, there's plenty of work still to be done but I think I have it to the point where it's ready for some additional feedback. I'll post the link below for anyone who is interested in trying it out. All you need to do is download it and extract the folder then run Orbiter.exe. It's not a virus, I promise. Instructions are in the README file but if you don't want to scroll through that I will give a tl;dr here.

1. Run the exe
2. Select your desired sport
3. Select Regulation/Challenge
4. Name your ring
5. Enter your duelists names
6. Hit Start
7. Select both* duelist's moves from the dropdown boxes. (Only one may be chosen from normal or modifiers)
8. Hit resolve
9. Repeat steps 7-8 until the duel is concluded
10. Once the duel is concluded hit the Final button and then Finish to reset the tool.

It looks like a lot at first, and that's because it kind of is, compared to the current RoH tool. It won't be for everyone and that's okay but my hopes are that I can trim it down where it needs to be so it can be suitable for the new chat and easier on callers.

You can download the .rar file here. Simply extract the folder somewhere you won't lose it and run Orbiter.exe within it. Any and all feedback is very appreciated. It's a little rough around the edges so any thoughts on how to make it sharper and more efficient is very much appreciated. Thanks for reading and thanks to the Duelingzone for also listing it under their tools.

DUEL Joker

Return to “Community Townhall”