Challenge to the Overlord

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Challenge to the Overlord

Post by Mairead Harker »

Overlord Myria Graziano,

Since the grace period for the WLT has passed and you no longer have any challenges pending, I hereby challenge you for the title of Overlord.

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Market
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
DUEL Sylus
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Sylus »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Challenge accepted.

Myria G.
Crew
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

So then, we have the Overlordship being decided between an idiotic girl and, literally a child. This is what happens when I bother myself with other matters. This embarrassment is what happens. This.

Fortunately, the Rhydinian elections are ongoing, and I can have some amusement that may illuminate myself before my wedding, and serve society. Donald John Drumpf, I should be thankful for you...my memory vaguely recalls you as a partner. But for some reason, you have tapped into the unspoken anger of Rhydin's trash...sooner or later, slavery will be brought up, and when it does, so will my name, and that cannot be allowed. So, contact me, and we can negotiate this minefield. Or your family will suffer. Your choice, child.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Anubis,

It might interest you to know that Donald John Drumpf didn't deign to attend the gubernatorial debate last evening. Much like last year, he seems to have added his name to the ballot in the manner that some Earth folk write in the name of comical literary characters as political candidates.

Mairead is not an embarrassment to her family. It is troubling that her desire to earn her way to the top spot could be thought of in such a manner.

Colleen
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

I see that my concerns are for naught then. I do not mean that your daughter is an embarrassment in and of herself, Colleen. But I stand behind my belief that children should not be allowed in the rings.

Not everyone taps their opponents lightly.

~Anubis Karos
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Good grief.

Look here, Nubs. What happens when you bother yourself with other matters is the same thing that happens when you do...either way, nobody gives two craps about what you think about pretty much anything.

Take your whining and misery out of this discussion and stuff it elsewhere. I'll give you two guesses as to where I think that ought to be.

If you recall, Crew knocked your ass from the Overlord's spot in the waning days of your relevancy, if there ever was such a thing. Go crawl back under your rock before the big girls (and yeah, Maggie's one of them) do it for you. Because I'll guarantee you one thing...we sure as hell ain't gonna do it lightly.

Myria G.
Crew
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Lord Karos,

Colleen is my grandmother, my mother is Rhiannon Harker.

I understand and respect your right to have a differing opinion. However, you may rest assured that my Uncle Hephaestus has created armor for me that works in tandem with the wards to safeguard my life.

Mairead Harker
Baroness of Old Market
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
DUEL Sylus
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Sylus »

It's been 9 days since the challenge was accepted on Sept 23rd. This is a reminder to both Baron and Challenger that the clock is ticking.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

This challenge will be going down Friday, 6 October at 10pm by the Eastern clock.

Andrea 'Apple' Anderson will be calling for us.

Mairead Harker
Baroness of Old Market
DUEL Apple
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Apple »

Mairead fought under a banner of midnight snow with symbols of her heritage, Doran Ilnaren, and her lord and lady of honor are her parents: Dennis and Rhiannon Harker.The Overlord's banner of Blue and Grey, the colors of the Wrecking Crew, flew high in her corner. She had no second and no person of honor, but I wrote myself in as a person of
honor so Myria didn't look too lonely.

Mairead came out of the gate and scored the first point, but Myria struck back to tie it up. The third round saw Myria inch into thelead, but Mairead brought it back to an even 2-2. After taking the lead, Mairead was struck and the tie was back on board at 3-3. With a trade of cuts the two sat at sudden death in round 6 but in the end it was Myria who came out on top in the 7th and final round by circling about Maireads attempted parry.

Myria Graziano defends her title of overlord with the end score of 5-4 in 7. Well tried, Maggie. Well defended, Myria.

Return to “The Arena”