Spring Talon of Redwin Tournament

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Biz
Adventurer
Adventurer

Spring Talon of Redwin Tournament

Post by DUEL Biz »

The Spring Talon of Redwin will be held Sunday May 13th at 9 P.M. (EST)

The once a cycle tournament to honor the memory of Siera Redwin, original holder of the second ring (now known as Battlefield Park) and 17th Overlord. Her fame and notoriety in the rings followed her like the trail of a comet. Never one to let herself be called a lady without inflicting severe punishment, her sword "Bane" became as well known as her prodigious drinking skills.

Beyond her abilities in the dueling rings of DoS, she was also an accomplished dueler in the Outback, taking part in the very first DiamondQuest (along with Ulath Fici, Prince Fyre, and Jake Thrash). She was also a soldier and general, whose exploits as the Talon of Redwin were renowned throughout Rhydin. Slain on the battlefield, she died as she had lived, with a sword in her hand and a snarl of defiance on her lips.

All duelists below the rank of warlord are invited to attend. This is a single elimination tournament with all wins achieved counting towards the official records and standings. Additionally, to go with the Talon, the winner of the Talon Tournament will be given a non-test free challenge grant, along with their own VIP Arena Skybox to be decorated however they see fit.

The Talon Tournament winner will also have his, her, or their name engraved onto a shield that will be hung at the entry way of the Arena. This shield will share the names of all the Talon winners of the past and future as well.

Please sign up below.

Good luck to all,
~The Arena Management
Last edited by DUEL Biz on Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Oh, why not, sign me up.

Colleen
Molly MacLairish
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Molly MacLairish »

I'll be there

- MMM
Saori Sato
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Saori Sato »

I will join.
Mai Sato
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mai Sato »

I'll join.
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
DUEL Biz
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by DUEL Biz »

Tonight we had three people come out for the Talon and in the interest of fairness, we went round robin.

1) Maul MacLairish
2) Saori Maeda
3) Mai Sato

In round one, Mai took Saori to task and knocked her down a peg, 5-3.5 in 13. In round two, Saori sat while Mai and Maul had a bloody fight. It was close, hitting sudden death near the end, but ultimately Mai took that one 5-4 in 13 as well. That put Mai up 2-0, and thus the winner of the Talon of Redwin.

One more fight went down to settle 2nd Place. Maul and Saori got right to it and after fourteen rounds, Maul won 5-1.

Mai takes home the Talon and 2 wins for her record.
Maul takes home 2nd place and 1 win for her record.
Saori takes home a nice buzz from all these drinks we made.
Mai Sato
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mai Sato »

I was told the grant could be turned in for a cash payout. I'll be doing that instead of using it.

- Mai

Return to “The Arena”