Tournament Seeding and Title Holders (Outdated)

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

Tournament Seeding and Title Holders (Outdated)

Post by DUEL Specter »

Hello all! First I'd like to point out the EF rule changes added to the Duel of Magic game -- and since this post covers it up on the forum page, I will be posting a link to it here so that anyone who may have missed it, along with the announcement in the Discord, can be directed to the thread. Here is the link: Click here!

Now :clap: onto the purpose of this post. A member of our community, you'd know them as Hope (Hi, Hope!), came to me with an idea: What if we allowed Keepers and the Archmage to have extra benefits in seeding. Not only would this make becoming a title holder more desirable, but also put more prestige onto the title itself.

I'm sure a lot of you know how seeding is now, but here is a refresher: We have early sign ups -- where duelists who sign up early are given priority on the seeding list over those who walk in / sign up after the early period. Seeding will be much of the same in that aspect but will change to look like this..

Early Sign Up
Keepers (Rok Ranking / Number of Wins tie breaker) followed by...
Non-Title Holders (RoK Ranking / Number of Wins tie breaker)

Late Sign Up
The rules will remain the same. Example: If a Keeper walks in the night of the tournament or signs up after the early sign up period then they will be seeded in the order they signed up or arrived, like all other late entries.

Hopefully this will allow players to see the titles as a viable way to help their position when it comes to seeding -- as well as bring a competitive spirit between the Keepers themselves.

Thank you for reading! :wave:

Historical Note -- This is no longer in effect.
Priscilla Specter
Assistant Coordinator & Event Coordinator of the Duel of Magic

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”