Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

ART EF Prizes

Post by Mairead Harker »

I have been meaning to ask this question. The current rules have the use of Elemental Fury for the Archmage as only being allowed against Keepers. At last check, unless it's been changed, the AM cannot use the EF against the person that that gets the EF as a prize in the ART. I'd like to know if the reverse is also true. Should the ArchMage enter the tournament (It's all ranks and to my knowledge AM has not been disallowed to take part) and choose a prize that allows EF, would that supersede the rule regarding EF not being allowed to be used against anyone, but Keepers?
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: ART EF Prizes

Post by Royal »

If I understand this correctly...

You want to know if the Elemental Fury prizes from the All Rank Tournaments, or other events that may award one, will be usable vs non-Keepers in regulation matches if you are the Archmage?

If so, then yes.

(Allows the user to use Elemental Fury in normal regulation duels until the next All Ranks Tournament. Unable to be used in challenges.)

This event EF is not the EF gained by being the Archmage. The DoM standings will list whoever wins it as the prize winner in the normal format of:
Note: <Name> won the <EF Prize Name> on <Date> in the <Season> All Ranks tournament. This awards the usage of Elemental Fury in regulation matches until the next All Ranks tournament.

It's recommended that duelists check the standings if they are unsure about the abilities of their opponents. It would also be appreciated that special prize winners give prior warning to their opponents so that there is no confusion mid-duel.

I should also add: The event EF and Archmage EF do not stack. So if you duel a Keeper in regulation you are still limited to one use per duel.

As always, if this is seen as overpowered and brought to our attention after regulation matches happen, it may be changed for better balance with future prizes.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Re: ART EF Prizes

Post by Mairead Harker »

This is exactly what I was asking. Thank you!

I wouldn't have expected the EF to stack as it's specifically limited to one per duel. However, the clarification is appreciated as mistakes/typos do happen.

I have tried to remember to inform new Magic duelists, especially, in the Green Room, that the Archmage, no matter who holds the title, can use both NR and IM in the same duel against any rank. Also that the EF is against Keepers only. I think I have bungled that once, it's quite embarrassing when the realization set in, and was followed by a V-8 headsmack. :D
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”