A change of pace.

A place for the stories that take place within Rhy'Din
Wren Ariti
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

A change of pace.

Post by Wren Ariti »

((Haven’t written in a while, just trying not to lose this))

I laid in my bed, glassy, tearfilled eyes staring at the ceiling, the cold spot beside me endlessly of what had once been there; what I had craved every moment, relished and took for granted. Their back was turned as they walked away, never looking back to me, never acknowledging my begging, my searching for an explanation.

I had been different, too much for most, and as always I found myself alone. I never belonged among the mortal populace, never belonged among the courts, yet I had believed I had found a home.

Wren. A name I had cherished, a name that had truly become mine yet no longer fit me, a name I missed fitting within.

I imagine my gold eyes shifted blue, gold hair shifted black, that had been the look that others had liked, I wanted to change, pretend to be another. Thirteen would remain safe under my care until he was ready, he’d know who hid behind the new mask I placed over all the old ones, he wouldn’t tell, he knew what it meant to hide.

To those looking I will make myself known, not as I have chosen to hide, but as I was, the last mask I wore. In two weeks the me I was will fade from daily life, Paw-Fee Break has been shut down along with all the other pieces he started, the clinic I used to work alongside fell to ruin months ago, no one should be looking, but if anyone does… they can find me, all they have to do is ask, I’ll hear them.

My phone is gone, I don’t truly need it, it was for convenience more than necessity… I’m easier to find than people believe.

To those who would search, just ask, I’ll come help friends. To whoever found this journal, go mind your own business.

-Wren

Return to “The Streets of Rhy'Din (shared)”