DoS Barony Reduction.

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

Tareth Thorn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

DoS Barony Reduction.

Post by Tareth Thorn »

Six months ago there was a community vote regarding the general unrest with the lack of interest/action in the baron title. Though close, the results of that vote realized that there would be no reduction at that time, but other methods would be implemented to try and solve this apathy.

When we held this vote and subsequent rules change it was with the promise that in a resonable amount of time the results would be analyzed and acted upon according to the affects of the current changes implemented. Enough time has passed and we have held the results as ineffective toward the overall goal of increasing demand, interest and play with the 13 titles.

Therefore, we as the administration, with the help of supporting players, are implementing the reduction idea as due course. Non-reduction has had a chance to make a significant change and failed. Reduction now deserves the same chance.

This is not a new motion, merely a continuation of the previous one. As before, this motion also carries the conditions that in a reasonable amount of time the results will be analyzed and acted upon, and if found ineffective will be reversed.

The method by which this means is to be accomplished is dynamic at best, to allow the titles to retain all their play value, history, and availablility. All 13 rings will still exist, all 13 will be available for play, but only 7 at a time will be active within the DoS setting.

For those interested in participating or with general inquiry into the process of the reduction storyline, contact Shakira or Deluthan. For those with questions relating directly to the decisions behind reduction and the impact upon the game, contact me. For all other inquires, press 0, or hang on the line and an operater will be with you momentarily. ;)
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Just a quick question...

Weren't there other things at the last vote that were passed but not implemented? (I can't seem to find the relevant post from Billy about what he implemented and what was on hold.)

Are those ideas being discussed for implementation now, or has it been decided that ring reduction is the only "answer" at this time?
Billy
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Billy »

The two options not implemented were a free challenge to a Baron as a prize in the WLT should no ring be available, and allowing Warlords to challenge twice per cycle.

I believe the last two WLTs have had rings up for grabs, so the first becomes a moot point.

The second may have added, at most, one or two more challenges this past cycle, but I don't think that would have altered the decision to reduce at this point.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

The two options not implemented were a free challenge to a Baron as a prize in the WLT should no ring be available, and allowing Warlords to challenge twice per cycle.
Weren't blind PWs at WLT supposed to be looked into after a certain amount of time, as well?
PslyderFTA
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Shangren MotorCorp Main Headquarters, 12 miles southwest of Rhy'Din

Post by PslyderFTA »

Blind peer wins went into effect last cycle.
A Learning Experience. Typical three-word preamble to a closed-casket funeral service.
Deluthan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Deluthan »

PslyderFTA wrote:Blind peer wins went into effect last cycle.
Not that I'm aware of. Since last December, Warlords have been able to collect normal peer wins during the WLT, but not blind ones.
Karen Wilder
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Knight Templar

Post by Karen Wilder »

The last challenge I made (to Shakira), I used PWs from a WLT. However, none of them were Blind PWs... as I was told that they couldn't be. (Which made me mad that I'd been put against Cas twice that particular Tourney.)
Sprite
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sprite »

Is there any way by which the rings are going to be lost?

For example, could all of the rings be put aside for observation in the DoS Histories (IC)?

And then rather then lose any rings, we would have the current barons battle for the 7 new rings. Or maybe warlords in the top bracket could also compete?

Any feedback on this idea?
Rory Laurent
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rory Laurent »

Is there any way by which the rings are going to be lost?
The SL for this is already in place. This is a complex SL that has taken massive effort from many people. I am very pleased with the results. However, I want to clarify that the rings will not be "lost". It will be possible for them to be located in the future. They simply will not be present in RhyDin and will not be a DoS title.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail. However, I know that Del's player (dueldeluthan at ringsofhonor dot org) would be more than willing to discuss the SL with you. He's actively seeking volunteers to participate in it, as well.
And then rather then lose any rings, we would have the current barons battle for the 7 new rings. Or maybe warlords in the top bracket could also compete?
The management decided that the best way to reduce would be to do so through volunteers. That way if someone was against reduction, they wouldn't lose their ring. The six needed rings have been secured through volunteers and vacancies.

~L.L.
J Oakenshield
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Currently residing in Oakenshield Manor on the outskirts of Rhydin

Post by J Oakenshield »

People aren't interested in being a baron anymore? My god it's the best title one can have ;)
DUEL Marz

Post by DUEL Marz »

Bravo on resolving the barony reduction issue! (or starting the process to resolve it or something.) My character came in 2nd the last Warlord Tourney. Since everyone was still trying to figure out the roleplaying issue about the rings, he did not receive any sort of prize. Now that the roleplaying has been worked out... (or we are moving in that direction somehow) will Marz be awarded the ring he earned through his DUELING in the last tournament?

Thanks! :)
Karen Wilder
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Knight Templar

Post by Karen Wilder »

J Oakenshield wrote:People aren't interested in being a baron anymore? My god it's the best title one can have ;)
Well Jeffy...

It's not that I'm not interested... It's just that I don't have a lot of time anymore. Besides, when I do come in it's usually just the same people... with a scattering of new(er) faces. It's tough to pull together 10-15 PWs when you've got both of those hurdles to overcome at the same time. :(

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”