The Binding Ceremony

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Nick is shocked at the attack, he quickly raises his sword up to ward off the oncoming blow.

"How dare you!" says Deluthan, withdrawing but a moment to prime another strike, this time bringing it horizontally at a shoulder.

"How dare I?" Nick changes his sword's direction to defend another strike. "Why are you attacking me?" Nick is taken clearly aback, he steps quickly away from Del. He looks into Del's face and he sees it: the madness.

"Damn it...they got you didn't they?" Nick keeps his sword raised, shaking his head.

"Come on, Nick. You want to be hero, you have to beat the hero," Deluthan glares at him though with a twinge of a smirk, his eyes bloodshot to the point of whitelessness.

"As I said, I'm no hero, but if this is what you want...I don't want to hurt you." Nick shakes his head, feeling queasy inside as the poison from the demon's claws begin its job. Deluthan began raising the blade again, the tremors of the room, made him drop defensively and look to his side. Nick doubles over a bit, seeing Del look away he makes his move. Nick charges and lays his shoulder into Del's mid section.

Karen was charging for the ring, but the sudden explosion caught her by surprise and knocked her back. For once fortune was with her and an errant doorknob rolled to her hand. She rolls and throws the doorknob at Deluthan's head, having overheard the words the two men exchanged and guessing at who might be possessed. Deluthan is distracted as the doorknob bounces off his skull, is now unprepared for Nick's onslaught, and loses his footing. He screams and rolls on the ground. Having lost grip of his sword, he pushes himself onto a knee.

Rory shoulders the door open, coming to an immediate halt at the landing of the stairs, a hand coming up over her mouth. Her eyes find Del among the mess, she quickly hurries down the stairs, making her way towards him.

"What the hell? Get off him!" Rory shouts at Nick as she comes to the pair, hands reaching out to grab at Nick's clothing.

"Can't you see...he's mad! He attacked me!" Nick looks up as he tries to shake off Rory.

"Spells, spells... block the spells," Karen curses wryly. "Good plan, Xeno." She swiftly she got back to her feet, hooking the thumb of her wounded right arm on to her belt.

"He be possessed, Rory!" Karen shouted.

"Get the hell off him, you stupid moron!" Rory is still shouting and grabbing at Nick, attempting to put herself between the pair, Karen's warning unheard in her panic for her best friend. Nick turns as he pushes her away.

"Listen to me! He's mad! You need to get away!"

"Rory, thank God you're here! Nick was attacking me. He's gone mad!" Deluthan said as he rises to his feet, and reaches for his sword.

"Don't touch me, you crazy jerk! Leave Del alone!" Rory stumbles back a step, swatting stubbornly at Nick's hands. Nick shakes his head in disbelief, looking to both Rory and Del.

"No, No...look into his eyes...you can see it."

"He must be destroyed, Rory." Deluthan said as he lifts his blade to center.

"Let's just get the hell outta here, Del. Please." Pleads Rory, as she moves quickly for Del, a hand grabbing onto his arm tightly.

"You have to believe me, Rory, you have to get away from him!" Insisted Nick, keeping his sword at the ready.

"NO! I'm the hero!" claims Deluthan as he shakes his arm from her grip, grabs her hair and yanks her toward the ground. Rory lets out a painful and shocked yelp as she's pulled off of her feet, a heavy vodka bottle beneath a nearby table catching her gaze, fingers clawing for it. Deluthan wrenches himself away from Nick as well, and readies his sword.

Panther slips towards Del and Nick, unsure of which to go after until just then. He springs for Del as he takes Rory down. Deluthan manages to spot Panther on his way, he quickly pivots clear out the way, tripping and stumbling slightly. Nick reaches for Del and he tries to pull him off Rory. But finds himself knocked to the side as Panther gets there. Rory's fingers close around the bottle of vodka, a foot pulled up to her chest and then sent out towards the back of Del's knee in a side kick from the floor. Deluthan drops due to Rory's kick and sliding onto a knee. Nick stumbles to a halt and quickly turns to look at Rory and Del.

"Rory! Get away...let me handle him. I told him I wouldn't hurt him." He takes a few steps toward Del. Nick turns quickly as another cat demon approaches, he engages it, if only to keep it off Del and the other.

"Knock 'im out, afor ye get cut yerself!" Karen charged for Nick, Del and Rory. Bottle of vodka in hand, Rory pushed herself to straddle his body, a hand moving to his neck.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Del? It's me!" Deluthan stomps his foot in frustration as he rises again to his feet. Rory falls roughly to the side as Del shoved her from him when he rose to his feet. Rory's back slams into a table leg but she manages to keep hold of the heavy bottle in her hands, quickly shoving herself to her feet, finally having caught Karen's warning. Deluthan sees Nick's back turned toward him, he flashes a devilish half-grin and begins to advance toward Nick, his sword tucked at his hip and ready to thrust. Nick is fighting fiercely to keep the demon away, he doesn't notice Del's approach. Deluthan starts to build up speed. Rory hesitates only for a brief moment before swinging the heavy bottle at her friend's head with her full weight behind the blow.

The bottle smashed against the side of Del's head, and the force diverted his momentum off of his path toward Nick. The last thing he feels is an odd updraft, and in a crisp flash of light, he vanishes. Nick turns in time to see Del fall to the ground, thankful Karen came to his aid, and stares dumbfoundedly at what just happened. As Del's body vanishes so does the bottle in Rory's hands, she jumps back as her weapon simply disappears.

"Del... " Rory calls in a hushed whisper as she looks around. "Del?"
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Vinny tries unsuccessfully to get back up and glares at Shakira. He gives her a look like death as he gets up.

"I cared about her...."

"I do not care for human emotion." Shakira looks over her shoulder at Vinny as she replies disdainfully. Vinny's rage builds up, distorting the air around him.

"I'm sick and tired of having the people I care about get killed by people who just don't get it."

"Get over it." She says with a shrug.

"Get over it?!?" Vinny screams. Shakira looks around her and yells once more.

"Finish them!!!" A couple of cat demons surround Vinny, trying to cut him off from Shakira. He looks at each of them.

"No, you don't....You don't want to get between me and her right now...." The force ripples around him as he releases all the energy he built up, desintigrating the demons on the spot. First thing he spots now is Anubis and rushes over in that direction. Once within range, Vinny dives at Anubis, trying to take him down hard. The swipe caught Anubis neatly across the calf, leaving a est of lacerations in it's wake. Anubis stumbled to his knees. As seems to be the theme, a stray demon whacks Vinny in midair.

"I'll kill all of you, every last one." Vinny shouts as he scrambles up and rips into the demon.

Onyx bites and snarls at a demon even though her right back leg drags limply. Still uttering a clicking growl, eyes flash wild and feral, the beast slinks to a wall, the nails of the limp back leg scrape on the flooring. Streams of breath that stink of flesh heave out as the beast searches out familiar scents. Onyx takes a wild swipe at Anubi's leg. Anubis's eyes slightly widen as he sees the cat rush in, and he rolls away from the attempted lunge. Unfortunately, he also rolls into Alais's range, and the blade is driven across his forearm. The Egyptian released a piercing roar, blood streaming from bronzed skin.

Alais she drops her staff into the ichor-drenched sand. Morvinyon's familiar hilt gripped in her cold fingers. Mustering the very last of her energy, she cuts hard at Anubis. Morvinyon seeking to sink deeply into the creature working side by side with Shakira, pain clouding her argent eyes to a dull grey. Anubis clambers to his feet, mustering his depleting strength into a vicious forward stab at Alais's thigh. The blade Anubis wields bites hard and deep into Alais's leg. Blood rushes from the thigh wound, reflexively she draws Morvinyon close and strikes wildly at her tormentor. Alais's blade cleaved deep into Anubis's bicep, rending flesh from his arm.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Xenograg moves to stand again and looks to see the carnage about the room.

"Raven...." He says softly. Teleperien grabs at her fallen blade and swings at a demon, gutting it.

"Xeno, are you alright?" Teleperien asks as she jumps to her feet.

"I am...well enough." Is his reply as he begins to fall again. Teleperien reaches his side and can see he is not as well as he could be. Her hand touches his elbow and her energy flows to him. "Tele...." Xenograg looks at the Eldar queen.

"You are still holding back," She tells him. "You have more power than you are using. Use it. You have to." Her voice commanding. Xenograg's eyes harden. He looks at the carnage throughout the room.

"No more...." Xenograg mutters.

"No more...." He says.

"No more...." He intones.

"NO MORE!" Xenograg yells, making Shakira turn. Xenograg turns and charges towards Shakira. She watches Xenograg running towards her. He jumps into the air, flying over all between him and his nemesis. Shakira stands waiting for Xenograg. He brings his feet forward to kick Shakira as he lands.

"NO MORE!" Shakira steps aside and drives a punch into the Darelir as he lands. Xenograg catches Shakira's strong blow on his hip, and half-crashes into the sand.

"You should know better than that," She smirks at him. She then walks to him and kicks him while he is down. He moves to recover but gets kicked again, and again.

"You can't stop me now, Xenograg. It's too late." She gloats.

"Yes...I can!" Xenograg takes Shakira's blows, concentrating on bringing forth the frightening power that he has repressed for so long. He pumps his anger into his sorcery. Augmenting himself, his body temperature rises.

"Not this time." She punches him again. Xenograg leaps at Shakira, his momentum carrying him into Shakira despite her punch. Shakira reaches for his neck and begins to squeeze. Xenograg grabs Shakira's wrists with his hands, focusing all on breaking her deadly grip.

Teleperien stands on a table and raises her blade to the sky.

"Elen-aglar Elbereth!" Her words echo through the room. At once her body glows, her mind reaching out to Xenograg's, wrapping his soul and mind for strength. She sees in her mind the power of the Eldar reaching with him, her voice in his head, 'You have the power, you can do this.'

"This is the last time you'll get between me and my...." Shakira says but stops mid-sentence, noticing something is changing. Xenograg is choking, but the color of his face is darkening right before her eyes. Shakira squeezes harder and finishes her sentence. "...and my plans!" Xenograg gasps out his words, embracing his fear--using it. He fights to stay conscious.

"I...am...Jin...zaggin!" Xenograg's hands begin to smolder.

"You can't stop me, Xeno!" cries Shakira, but her eyes look uncertain. Xenograg's skin color shifts to ebony black from head to toe, and his hands begin to burn Shakira's wrists. "Stop it!" She demands as she starts to lose her grip.

"Bur... Burn..., Bitch!"

"Stop it!!" Shakira does not look so confident anymore. Her face contorts with pain. Xenograg's hands become wreathed in fire, and he slowly pulls Shakira's claws from his throat.

"I have you now!" he says in a strong voice. Shakira tries to hold back, but the pain is too intense. Xenograg grins savagely at Shakira as his eyes become as fire. Xenograg bursts into flame, immoliating himself. Shakira falls to her knees, wanting to scream but still holding it back. His strength now greater than Shakira's, Xenograg pushes his fire onto her. Demon and mortal stand engulfed in flame so bright no details can be seen within. Shakira's body ignites and she finally lets out a blood-curdling scream. Xenograg screams too, but in rage. Shakira's body burns and writhes as she still screams, then suddenly it explodes.

"Oh bloody 'ell... " Mutters Karen after catching sight of Xenograg. Nick sees the flames as he turns and is awed by what is taking place. All the demons left standing disappear.

The conflagration tumbles over like a collapsing house. It diminishes, leaving only Xenograg lying prone on the floor. Teleperien releases her power. She jumps off the table, proud of her friend.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Vinny goes after any demon he spots, his rage making him blind to much of the action. He looks a bit confused as the number of things he can hit suddenly decreases.

"Where is she!" Vinny demands as he whirls around.

Pslyder's armored jacket is getting somewhat shredded, but he still looks around for more demons. Grinning with wild rage, he leaps towards another group of demons, blades flashing. The slashing electrified blades leave twitching demon parts everywhere as blood pours from wounds. Then he spins wildly from a missed strike as the demons disappear, he looks around in mild confusion.

Nick is standing back, he can't believe his eyes, he can't believe what is going on, the whole night has been crazy. Then suddenly he doubles over with the pain from the poison rushing through his veins. He quickly stumbles out of the Annex in search of help before he can pass out.

Teleperien quickly rushes to Xenograg. he looks up at Teleperien.

"Tele," he says in that same strong voice.

"You did it." She offers her hand.

"Thank you." Xenograg takes her hand and stands with ease. He then sees
Alais in danger.

"Anubis!" He calls. Xenograg runs and throws a blast of fire onto the Egyptian. Teleperien hurries over to Alais with her blade drawn then quickly jumps out of the way of the fire.

"Whoa!"

FireStar glints wildly at the approaching flames, directing them into its body and consuming them. Xenograg is surprised at the ineffectiveness of his attack. Alais struggles for her staff rather than the beloved falchion. Teleperien pulls Alais away, noticing she's cold to her touch.

"Come." Teleperien blocks her from Anubis.

"Thank ye." Alais nods her thanks to Teleperien and puts distance between herself and Anubis.

"Anubis, your mistress is dead." declares Xenograg. "Do you wish to join her?" Xenograg stands before Anubis a changed man. His skin is pure ebony and his bearing is tall and invigorated. With the blood seeping from his body, Anubis glances upward at the sorcerer, the news filling his eyes with raw hatred.

"She was never my mistress!" Anubis utters, then slumps over into a fetal position and slowly dematerializing.

"Damn...," Xenograg curses as he tries to grab Anubis before he dematerializes, but fails. Xenograg walks over to Tele and Alais.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

"Ladies, you are needed." Alais's grey eyes meeting Xenograg's.

Panther suddenly turns, the fur along his back and shoulders bristling. He snarls, taking a swipe at what looks to be thin air. He presses his attack against what seems to be nothing, but a couple of his blows are stopped as they appear to hit something solid. His head is snapped to the side, then the other. Panther throws out a couple of his own punches again, then reaches out with both hands, raking his claws down, seemingly creating a shower of sparks in the air in front of him.

"Rory! Can ye see what 'e's fightin'?" She pointed to Panther.

"Where the hell is he?" Rory's panic turning on anger and it all being directed on Karen as she takes quick strides towards her.

"Where the hell is Del? I hit him... he... he's gone!" Her question again falls to the wayside. Panther snarls and drops to a knee as he takes a hard hit to the chest from his unseen assailant. Smoke seems to come from a spot on his chest as he trows another punch that seems to be stopped in mid-strike. Unable to gain any leverage, he is forced to the other knee as his face suddenly seems to start smoking, a gutteral, snarling scream coming from his mouth. Panther pushes slightly up against his invisible opponent, grabbing at the air in front of his face, pushing... forcing it back. A steady snarl coming from his throat, Panther struggles to his feet, grappling, pushing back against his opponent even as tails of smoke or steam seem to rise from his chest and face.

"I didn't kill him." Rory keeps ranting. "I didn't kill him. There would be a body. What the hell was wrong with him? What the hell is Panther doing?"

"What's 'e fightin'!" Karen scowled and ran for Panther.

"Where's Shakira?" Asks Vinny as he storms behind karen.

"Wwwrraaaaaithssssss.." Panther snarls. Panther's hair whips about his head, his hands still gripped by and gripping at the 'figure' before him.

"Yer a mage... make th' wraiths appear, blast ye!" Karen whirled and gave Vinny a sharp look. Vinny grits his teeth.

"Fine..." He mutters a quick spell of revealing and makes the wraiths slightly visible, like seeing a ghost. Karen couldn't see them before and she knew her magic resistance prevented them from attacking her. But now...

"Get th' wraiths!"

Rory drops to her knees in the place where Del disappeared, blue eyes inspecting the floor, quickly growing bloodshot.

"Now answer my question. Where's Shakira?" demands Vinny.

"Shakira is dead," replies Xenograg, standing alone like a conqueror. Vinny faces Xenograg upon hearing that, not happy at that news.

"I want her body. I want to reanimate her and kill her again, and again until her blood floods out of this place!" Xenograg looks at Vinny, then gestures to the blackened floor he left behind. Vinny looks at the charred floor, feeling like his vengeance was taken from him. He falls to his knees, in tears.

Noting the wraiths now visible, Pslyder leaps to strike at one near him. The swords slice through the wraith as it disappears, and the sting from the side of his face sets in, blistering and peeling already having started.

The wraiths melt away from Karen's approach, her much vaunted magic resistance only serving to frustrate her as the beings are pushed back by her presence. The pressence of Karen causes the wraith to loose its grip on Panther, almost as being herded with the others. Panther releases his grip on the wraith as it lets go of him and moves off. Panther, still down on his knees, drops his chin to his chest as his hands drop to his side. Blood still slowly seeping from the wounds on his calf and shoulder, he mutters softly over and over.

Onyx growls and swipes at the malevolent shadows, even the torn left ear is flatted to the beast's skull, whiskers bristling. She pants, black pupils still swallow every inch of iris. A tail stiff with blood twitches. Onyx rests sphynx-like on the floor, trying despite the pain to lick her wounds. Her massive head shaking at the sting of an ear nearly torn in two.

Darren slowly opens his eyes, bleeding at the shoulder, compliments of Onyx. He looks around not quite remembering how he got there. He manages to stand, with the help of a nearby overturned table, and stumbles out.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Pslyder stumbles forward, he almost falls over Raven's lifeless form. Sudden recognition flaring, he turns to Vince. He walks slowly towards Vince, still wary.

"Vince?" Vince faces him, still crying.

"Are all my loves cursed to die before me?" Pslyder drops the swords and helps Vince to his feet to take him to Raven's body. Vince slowly walks over, the pain starting to set in now that his adrenaline is wearing off.

"She deserves better..." He looks down at her body, then at her cloak lying nearby. He grabs the cloack and gets a small shock. "Figures she'd have a spell on it." Vinny silently holds his hand over the cloak and dispels the enchantment.

"One, what'cha wanna do wit' her, an' two, why tha holy frag did'ja burn mah face, ya bastitch!" asks Pslyder, painfully keeping his eyes open.

"One, bury her with honor. Second, a wraith possessed me," is Vinny's reply.

"Ah'm claimin' this fer insurance purposes...." mutters Pslyder, shaking his head slowly. Vinny picks up the cloak and notices a small note as it drops out.

"Could you pick that up for me, Psly? I'm afraid my knee isn't working as well as it should after being stabbed and shot." The note floats from the floor to Vince's hand. Vinny nods.

"Thanks." Pslyder starts to walk slowly to Xenograg, intent on offering his own power to help. Then he stops and turns to Vince.

"Hey Vince?" Vinny opens the note and reads, tears welling up again.

"What?"

"Ah think Ah'm needin' a medi..." Pslyder says, then falls to the floor. Vinny pockets the note and hobbles over to Psly. He is twitching as poison courses through his veins, slowly being combated by his internal cybernetic systems.

"Can I get a medic over here?" Vinny asks as he looks around. Vinny tries to work what healing spells he knows, not being able to do well in his current physical and emotional state. Vinny then looks over all the mechanical stuff and remembers about a panel on his arm. Gives the button a push and remembers that this one summons a medunit. The button begins flashing. A smallish metallic object floats in through the doors, heading for Psly. The metallic object floats over Psly, tubes and wires snaking out of it to inject antivenom into Psly. Cables snake down to lift him from the floor and float out the door. That done, Vinny goes back to gather raven's cloak and dagger. He lays the dagger on raven's body and wraps her in the cloak.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Max paid no mind to any remaining wraiths, having caught sight of Cas he moved that way. Max resists an urge to loot him, he simply grabbed at the man's collar and started dragging him toward the stairs.

Brushing away tears, Rory pulls herself out of the vision and to her feet, sneaking her way over towards Max.

"You're gonna break his neck like that, Pretty Boy. If his neck isn't broken already."

"You recognize who it is?" He asked. Cass gets bumpped into an overturned chair, he starts to moan.

"Oh, it's Cas. Pull him up the stairs by his hair." Says Rory. "You alright, lover boy?" She is unable to manage a smile with the joking statement, she drops to her knees beside Cas. Max hears a moan and squints. Cass erratically swings his arms, trying to fight off whatever is holding him. Max lets go, stepping back to avoid a swing.

"Whoa, whoa." Rory pushes herself away from the flailing arms just in the nick of time.

"My head hurts. So does my back. And my leg." Musters Cass.

"Was he like Del?" Rory's gaze shifts up to Max.

"I just got here."

"Someone got me good." Cass rapidly shakes his head, as if to wake off sleep. "I lost my wits soon after."

"You're alright, Lover Boy." Rory pats Cas' shoulder. "Just give yourself a minute."

"Hey, Max. Isn't she one of yours?" Rory's gaze having shifted over to Michelle. Max wpins, rushing to where Michelle is bathing in her own blood, knocked out completely. Max sticks an approaching wraith quickly as he neared Michelle. With careful placement of his blade, Max scooped Michelle up carefully. Michelle moans, blood dripping from her body. He starts his way back towards the stairs. Michelle starts mumbling incoherently, the blood mussing up her words.

"Leave me alone, stop...go away." Max carries Michelle out.

"Can you endure a little longer, My Lady of Nitesong?" Xenograg asks Alais. Alais replies with a silent nod.

"Where is Amaltea?" asks Xenograg, looking around. He notices Slothie quietly up in the rafters, not budging with Amaltea until the wraiths are all gone. Alais leans heavily on the ebony staff, she takes stock of the remnants of the bloody battle.

"Alais, Teleperien. The wraiths remain. I need you." Xenograg hates to ask his wounded companion.

"Aye" Alais replies softly.

"Let us finish this." Teleperien turns toward Xenograg, almost snarling. "This evil must end."

"Ah must needs haff yer 'elp...tae force one tae speak wi' me.... 't wilst take more energy thence Ah haff." Alais says softly.

"Let me support you, Alais." Xeno offers. Alais gives him a very weary nod. Teleperien touches her elbow to give energy, enough to finish this. Teleperien speaks softly in Elvish. Xenograg gives freely through the weirding bond, being presently invigorated rather than tired. Alais wraps her fingers around the staff, drawing on the energy of Xenograg and Teleperien, the Annaran words flow with a strength she does not feel. The black crystal hums with power, the Annaran words wrapping the room with expectation.

Seeing that, an idea dawns on Karen and she begins waving her arms and moving to 'herd' the wraith towards another. Calling out over her shoulder towards the ring, moving to continue 'herding' now a trio of wraiths.

"Where do ye want these things, Xeno?" A slight grin on Karen's lips. Xenograg gestures to Karen to bring them before Alais.

"Ah dae command ye speak!" The power releases from the staff and strikes the nearest wraith. The power borrowed from Xenograg and Teleperien adding to the command that will send the other wraiths fleeing from the location. Alais concentrates on forcing compliance to drive the remaining wraiths out. The wraiths flee from the compulsions of Alais and Teleperien. "Ye willst speak." Alais commands, brilliant silver flashes at the commanded wraith. One of the three wraiths Karen was 'herding' is struck by Alais' spell, and the other two take the opportunity to leap over her.

"Bloody 'ell!" The held wraith spews his hatred of life.

"Eldria Gal-anon!" Teleperien's voice reverberates. "Speak to me those of the netherworld." Alais hears the reinforcement to the command, and is grateful for it.

"Those things are gonna be so much trouble." Karen whirls, as she watches the wraiths flee. The wraith's laughter is like the sound of grating gravel.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

"Speak to me! I am the daughter of the Eldar! You will speak to me!" commands Teleperien. A mocking voice from beyond is heard.

"You are too late, mortal. The portal is open and there is nothing you can do about it!"

"We shall see," Xenograg counters. Alais is barely aware of the mutinous retreat of the other wraiths not held in compulsion. Teleperien laughs.

"Portals can be closed. And I am immortal, daughter of Feanor. You will be vanquished."

"We shall feed on the pain of the living and we will control them." the wraith retorts.

"Nay... ye willst nae... ye willst r'turn tae yer realm and leave th' livin' in peace!" demands Alais.

"Such pitiful attempts. You are nothing but shadows." Teleperien laughs again.

"An' tae th' shadow realm ye must gae!" Alais commands once more. The wraith laughs once more and vanishes. Alais visibly slumps against Xenograg.

Slothie reaches up over his head and pulls down a bottle of spring water from a pouch hung there. He sprinkles the cold water on Amaltea's face. Her eyes flutter open at the sprinkling of water. Slothie holds her steady so she does not roll off the rafter she is lying on.

"Lying down on the job, I see." Slothie says with a slight smile. Amaltea hears Slothie.

"Who?" she says, then winces. "Ooooh... My head." She takes a moment to get her bearings, and then remembers the battle.

"Xeno?" Amaltea calls as she remembers and sits up right, quickly regretting it. Slothie grins.

"Next time get a dog. I'm sick of cats." Slothie scoops up the protesting Amal and floats gently downwards towards the floor. Touching down within the outline her body had left on the filthy floor. He stands her up gently.

"Thanks, Slothie." She smiles at him. Alais catches the voice of Amal and thanks the deities that Slothy was there to protect her.

"Amal?!" Xeno also hears Amaltea's voice. Amaltea turns to look as Xenograg rushes over to her side.

"I am so sorry!" Xenograg takes his wife in his arms. Amaltea's jaw just hangs open, unable to say a thing about Xenograg's ebony skin. Having seen it before, she reaches up to touch his face.

"Is this bad?" She asks softly, knowing he must be in pain from the sorcerous 'wound.'

"I will be fine." his voice still that stronger timbre.

"Ah must needs r'turn tae Riverbend." Alais says softly.

"Go and recuperate, my friend," says Xenograg. Alais's grey eyes scan the carnage. Curving her hands around the ebony staff, she reaches once more for the energy to go home. A faint trickle of blood wends its way down her leg. With supreme effort, she manages the power to dissipate and return to Riverbend. A column of grey replaces the solid figure and dissipates into nothingness.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Karen looked around at the mess, seeing a couple of discarded weapons... the other half of her pool cue having rolled up against a semi-familiar blade. She slowly walked over, her only real wound the stab through her right arm, but the collection of bruises a rather impressive one. Karen returns the two halves of the poolcue to the slipcase at her side, she then picks up the large blade.

"Well nae..." Karen mutters, then turns holding the sword up, point downward. "Xeno... ye want... this back?" Her voice trailing off as she sees the change in the sorcerer.

"What?" Xenograg asks as Karen address him.

"This be yers, ain't it?" Karen hefts the blade slightly.

"Yes, indeed. Please, Karen," Xenograg motions to her. Karen walks to the ring, careful not to drag the sword on the floor. "Figure ye'd want it, jest in case."

"Don' pull tae hard, ye'll slice up me glove." Karen grins slightly, she leaned into the ring, holding the sword to Xenograg.

"Thank you, Commander." Xenograg gently lifts the Ostego blade from Karen. He slides the blade through the fold of his arm, wiping it clean, before sheathing it.

"Wish I couldae done more." Karen says.

"Where's Xeno? I need to speak with him." Rory asks Cas, her gaze searching the Annex.

"I don't know." says Cass.

"Rory, over here." answers Xenograg.

"Ah! He's over there. Wearing black-face, apparently." says Cass.

"Xeno?" Rory's gaze finds Xenograg thanks to his voice, she squints at the man. Rory takes a step towards Xenograg, quietly watching the scene, unwilling to speak up quite yet.

"Del..." Begins Rory, knowing Xenograg by the sound of his voice. "He was possessed and then... then he disappeared after I hit him on the head. He reached out to me. I know where he went. I don't understand it." She shakes her head. "I had a vision. He was trying to talk to me. The ward... I just don't understand it." Rory continues. "You can't seal the portal. Del's somewhere over there!" Xenograg ponders Rory's words.

"There were woods. It wasn't RhyDin. He got pulled somewhere, Xeno. He's lost."

"Damn...." mutters Xenograg. "We need to rethink things." Xenograg gestures to the ring. "The Rings are still there." Teleperien, tired but still ready, positions herself.

"Xeno? I can do this."

"We have a new complication, Tele."

"Oh? What is that?" Teleperien resheathes her blade.

"We appear to have lost Deluthan through the rift." She looks at Xenograg incredulously.

"Elbereth. How?"

"I do not know. Rory asks that we not complete the ceremony yet."

"Do we keep the rift open at the risk of all else?"

"If it's the only way, Xeno," Rory puts in. "The only way to keep it from happening, then you must. Del would understand."

"Let us return here tomorrow night and decide then." Xenograg decides.

Onyx laps the blood from her fur, the beast appearing more red and pink than a dusky brown. She is half on her side as the blood ebbs to a seeping. Onyx stands her ground, baring teeth at those who approach too closely. With a growling rumble in her chest, the beast stands. Canines that do not fit when her mouth is closed get a lick or two, three huge paws drag the last fourth in a limp up the stairs. The beast wanders out to a quiet place to heal.
Shakira
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Shakira »

Vinny picks up Raven's body and walks over to Xenograg.

"Are you satisfied?" Vinny hobbles on out of there, off to properly bury Raven. He is not moving very fast, his knee and the fact that he's carrying a body slowing him down greatly. Vinny manages to reach the door, Amaltea looks around at the mess and sees him carrying a body. She recognizes the body he is carrying.

"Raven?" asks Amaltea. Vinny nods, holding back his tears. Amaltea walks quickly to Vinny. "Raven?!"

"She's gone Amal...."

"What do you mean, gone?"

"Gone, dead.... Shakira sucked the life right out of her."

"No! How?!!!" She reaches with a trembling hand to touch Raven's face. Amaltea tries to talk but can't say much.

"Not Raven..." And she cries.

"I wish i could've done more. She deserved better than this." Xenograg glances at his wife, then Raven's body.

"I'm so sorry...I should have been there...oh gods" is all Amal can say.

"We all should have, but we failed her...." Vinny says sadly. Amaltea wipes tears from her eyes. Xenograg walks over to Vinny and Amaltea. He looks down at Raven, his jaw locked tight.

"I'm going to bury her where we used to spend the evenings. I hope she can find peace there." Vinny looks to Amal.

"Can I please come?" Amaltea asks.

"Yes. May we?" Xenograg adds.

"I think she'd like that..to have her friends there. I'll be on the isle waiting for all of you."

"We'll be there." Amaltea nods. Vinny heads off through a portal, carrying Raven.

Return to “Dojo Darelir”